become an editor
the entire directory
only in Storage/Batteries
Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Power Supplies: Batteries
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Industrial Supply: Batteries
Shopping: Consumer Electronics: Accessories: Batteries
- Describes the history and operation of the Baghdad Battery - (about 250 Before Common Era).
- Article from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Discusses battery technology, uses, and technical elements, with a focus on iPods.
- Gel versus sealed lead-acid (SLA), deep cycles, ratings.
Battery Knowledge Menu
- Battery construction and operation topics from Engineers Edge.
- Tested small (AA) rechargeable batteries and chargers in a controlled environment.
Battery Technology Comparison
- Rechargeable. Compares AA cells, a few larger batteries, and supercapacitors.
- Analyzer and charger maker offers web version of book about batteries and how to charge them.
- Provides information about betavoltaic technology, batteries, cells and power solutions.
Chino Battery Energy Storage Power Plant
- Engineer-of-record report. Energy Citations Database entry describes the largest battery in the world. Abstract of 653 page document.
Choosing and Using Nickel-Metal-Hydride (NiMH) Rechargeable Batteries
- Provides brief history of rechargeable batteries, characteristics, how to choose and store them, recharge methods, and memory effect information.
Clean Battery Technologies
- Theory, research and development, and market-ready energy storage devices that improve the trend toward clean, renewable energy.
- Start-up preparing to make aluminum batteries for electric vehicles. "Techniques Compared" graphs characters of different battery types.
Europositron Rechargeable Aluminum Batteries
- Wiki-style entry at PureEnergySystems site.
How Stuff Works: Battery
- Illustrated explanation of battery function, types, and chemistry; related links. Good basic introduction to how batteries work.
Hydrogen as a Secondary Fuel
- Large color photograph of the Hindenberg burning, with lecture notes on hydrogen for fuel cells. Large print, with an e-mail contact.
INL: Advanced Energy Storage Publications
- Publications on battery and capacitor technologies for vehicles from the Idaho National Laboratory (INL).
- Collection of US Army documents related to the maintenance and operation of batteries and related equipment.
Lead Acid Battery Technology Comparison
- Examines the differences between absorbed glass mat, gel, and flooded lead acid batteries in deep-cycle (marine, and RV) applications.
Magnesium Battery Patents
- Compares Aurbach and Matsushita designs.
Multimode Battery Energy Storage System for Custom Power Applications
- Technical paper on system at Salt River Project. [PDF]
- Outside SEI in Japan, Telepower Australia has more experience and technical know-how with VRB than anyone else. Link to bibliography.
Utility Scale Batteries
- PESWiki entry from Pure Energy Systems. Includes ideas from readers.
Why Do Large Battery Packs Fail Early?
- Resources for Design. Explains problems in batteries with many cells.
Stanford's Nanowire Battery
- Page describes improvement to widely used cell type. (December 18, 2007)
Breakthrough Battery for Electric Cars?
- Toshiba claims new (Lithium Ion) battery can be recharged to 90 percent capacity in under five minutes. (December 13, 2007)
AEP'S Appalachian Power Unit
- Use of commercial-scale energy storage technology. (September 19, 2005)
Sodium Sulfur and Lithium-Metal-Polymer Batteries Show Commercial Promise
- Cites 100kW x 7 hr AEP system. [EERE: News] (October 03, 2002)
Usenet sci.chem.electrochem.battery -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 28, 2014 at 5:35:06 UTC -