become an editor
the entire directory
only in Energy/Storage
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Power Supplies: Uninterruptible Power Supplies
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Substation and Transmission
Business: Energy: Electricity
Science: Technology: Energy: Electricity Generation and Distribution
Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable
Science: Technology: Energy: Transportation
- 17 message thread compares costs for pumped hydro, and batteries, including Vanadium Redox; in context of storage for wind or solar.
Electricity Storage Association
- "A non-profit trade association bringing electricity storage solutions to the power industry" links to a tutorial on Energy Storage Technologies
- Wikipedia entry covers history and reasons, has links to related topics, considers your submissions and edits.
- Covers "Why is energy storage important"? Compares methods of storage. Links to details.
Energy Storage Council
- Group of industries and developers to advocate and facilitate the deployment of energy storage technologies. Links to pages of 6 charter members and 2 newer members.
Energy Storage Systems
- Research Program is part of the Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability at DOE (United States of America).
Grid energy storage
- Wikipedia entry.
More on Energy Storage
- College-level class notes include picture of pumped storage facility, comparison of energy densities, and the CAES heat problem.
Optimal Unit Commitment And Economic Dispatch Of Cogeneration Systems With A Storage (ResearchIndex)
- high efficiency gets attention for cogeneration. Text may consider thermal storage with cogeneration.
Personal Energy Sources
- Research group of the Delft University of Technology, Nederlands, developing alternative embedded power sources. Includes project summary.
Stored Electrical Energy Emergency and Standby Power Systems
- (NFPA 111) page links to preview and contents, markets full hardcopy ($28 USD)
The Mechanical Battery
- "the average person has probably never heard of a flywheel battery, the concept is starting to be taken seriously by commercial and governmental interests". Pictures of components and applications. (October 12, 2007)
Energy Storage: Not Just R & D Nor Necessarily Expensive
- Power Engineering magazine article compares chilled water storage(TES) and stationary sodium sulfur batteries. (May 15, 2006)
A Chemist’s Plan to Save Planet Earth
- Rick Smalley says (in interview) that more money should be spent on research into energy storage. [Discover] (February 15, 2005)
Nuclear Energy Belongs in the Technology Museum
- says nukes are less needed because energy storage allows renewables. (November 22, 2004)
Energy Storage: Value is Clear, But Who Will Pay?
- Energy storage devices have value to electricity production, delivery, and use. Options across the size spectrum are available today. Power Engineering covers the Electricity Storage Association meet. (August 15, 2004)
Alternative Energy Storage Surprises
- Senior Research Analyst writes of first-time costs, power density, and energy density. (June 04, 2001)
Pumped storage for renewable energy
- Google sci.energy group discussion compares pumped storage to Compressed Air Energy Storage, asks why the space cannot be used for nuke waste. (April 21, 1997)
Usenet sci.energy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 26, 2015 at 6:24:03 UTC -