become an editor
the entire directory
only in Energy/Storage
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Energy: Storage
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Power Supplies: Uninterruptible Power Supplies
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Substation and Transmission
Business: Energy: Electricity
Science: Technology: Energy: Electricity Generation and Distribution
Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable
Science: Technology: Energy: Transportation
- 17 message thread compares costs for pumped hydro, and batteries, including Vanadium Redox; in context of storage for wind or solar.
Can Renewables Sustain Affluent Society?
- Considers a few renewable energy sources, then addresses 'the storage problem'. Considers batteries, crushed rock, solar ponds, pumped hydro, hydrogen and thermochemical.
Distributed Energy and Energy Storage
- CSIRO Energy Technology page includes lithium metal batteries, ultrabatteries, and supercapacitors. Links allow eMail to contacts for each project.
Electricity Storage Association
- "A non-profit trade association bringing electricity storage solutions to the power industry" links to a tutorial on Energy Storage Technologies
- Wikipedia entry covers history and reasons, has links to related topics, considers your submissions and edits.
- Covers "Why is energy storage important"? Compares methods of storage. Links to details.
Energy Storage Council
- Group of industries and developers to advocate and facilitate the deployment of energy storage technologies. Links to pages of 6 charter members and 2 newer members.
Energy Storage Systems
- Research Program is part of the Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability at DOE (United States of America).
Grid energy storage
- Wikipedia entry.
More on Energy Storage
- College-level class notes include picture of pumped storage facility, comparison of energy densities, and the CAES heat problem.
Optimal Unit Commitment And Economic Dispatch Of Cogeneration Systems With A Storage (ResearchIndex)
- high efficiency gets attention for cogeneration. Text may consider thermal storage with cogeneration.
Personal Energy Sources
- Research group of the Delft University of Technology, Nederlands, developing alternative embedded power sources. Includes project summary.
Stored Electrical Energy Emergency and Standby Power Systems
- (NFPA 111) page links to preview and contents, markets full hardcopy ($28 USD)
The Mechanical Battery
- "the average person has probably never heard of a flywheel battery, the concept is starting to be taken seriously by commercial and governmental interests". Pictures of components and applications. (October 12, 2007)
Energy Storage: Not Just R & D Nor Necessarily Expensive
- Power Engineering magazine article compares chilled water storage(TES) and stationary sodium sulfur batteries. (May 15, 2006)
A Chemist’s Plan to Save Planet Earth
- Rick Smalley says (in interview) that more money should be spent on research into energy storage. [Discover] (February 15, 2005)
Nuclear Energy Belongs in the Technology Museum
- says nukes are less needed because energy storage allows renewables. (November 22, 2004)
Energy Storage: Value is Clear, But Who Will Pay?
- Energy storage devices have value to electricity production, delivery, and use. Options across the size spectrum are available today. Power Engineering covers the Electricity Storage Association meet. (August 15, 2004)
- 39-post Physics Forums discussion starts with "list all the ways energy can be stored". (January 12, 2004)
Fuel Cells, Photovoltaics, Dispersed Generation and Energy Storage
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) committee show of 12 slides [PDF] (December 05, 2001)
Alternative Energy Storage Surprises
- Senior Research Analyst writes of first-time costs, power density, and energy density. (June 04, 2001)
Pumped storage for renewable energy
- Google sci.energy group discussion compares pumped storage to Compressed Air Energy Storage, asks why the space cannot be used for nuke waste. (April 21, 1997)
Usenet sci.energy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2013 at 6:05:06 UTC -