become an editor
the entire directory
only in Renewable/Wind
Business: Energy: Renewable: Wind
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology
This category in other languages:
BBC News: Ireland Takes Wind Power Plunge
- The Irish Government has approved plans for the world's largest offshore electricity-generating wind farm, to be built on a sandbank in the Irish Sea south of Dublin.
Concerted Action on Offshore Wind Energy in Europe
- Introduction of CA-OWEE, reports, site search facility and link for contact. There is a separate password protected area for members, not available to general public.
Horns Rev Windfarm
- Details about the world's largest windfarm to be built in Denmark in 2002. Project information, news and links. In Danish and English.
Kilronan Wind Farm
- Ireland wind energy site has ten wind machines that are rated 500 kw. The developer proudly describes this new wind farm.
Nai Kun Windfarm
- Wind power project proposed for the coast of British Columbia, Canada. Includes project data and technical information.
NASA: Wind Energy Research Reaps Rewards
- Article about the NASA research programs to develop wind power during the energy crisis of the 1970s.
National Wind Technology Center
- Studies methods of improving wind turbine technology to make energy from the wind competitive with conventional energy sources. Part of NREL.
NREL: International Programs
- Provides information about technology applications, country and supporting activities, staff contacts, and links to NREL village power and renewable energy projects sites.
NRG Systems, Inc.
- Manufacturer of wind energy assessment equipment (sensors, loggers, towers). Used worldwide, NRG products are among the standards for the international wind energy industry.
Nysted Offshore Wind Farm
- Offshore wind turbine farm. Includes construction insights, reports, power generation and project data. [English, Danish, German]
- Educational resource devoted to offshore wind energy developments. Includes forum, reports, articles and data on different projects.
- Weblog by Thomas O. Gray, Deputy Executive Director of the American Wind Energy Association.
Sandia National Laboratory-Wind Energy Technology
- Sandia National Laboratory employs a multifaceted approach to the development of economical wind systems for power generation.
Scottish Wind Assessment Project (SWAP)
- Research program to promote a thorough investigation of the claims made for and against the use of wind-generated energy. Includes projects overview, data and publications.
Wikipedia: Wind power
- Includes history, mechanics, energy management and economics.
Wind Energy: Technology and Planning
- Wind energy education material with photos, videos and comprehensive texts. Addresses technology, planning, operation, maintenance and grid integration.
The Wind Power
- Resource dedicated to wind turbines and windfarms in the world. Includes pictures galleries, technical data and videos. [English, French]
Wind Power Generation
- A guide to generating electricity from wind power.
Wind Resource Atlas of the United States
- Inventory of U.S. wind energy potential.
Wind Turbines Installed in Japan
- Personal Japanese wind turbine's site, with Japanese wind turbine's maps and photo.
- Wind resource modelling.
WindPower Monthly Magazine
- The world's leading independent Wind Energy magazine. Hot topics from every issue, 5 years of issues in searchable archives.
- Photographs from wind power projects: land and offshore based. Photos from HVDC-light project on Gotland, Sweden. The site is in Swedish, English and German
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 15:54:04 UTC -