become an editor
the entire directory
only in Renewable/Hydro
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable: Hydro
Business: Energy: Renewable: Hydro
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Rivers and Streams
Science: Technology: Energy: Devices: Fuel Cells
Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Dams
This category in other languages:
Bureau of Reclamation Hydropower Program
- U.S. government agency. General information including the history of hydropower development, a glossary of terms, and major producers.
Cink Hydro Energy k.s.
- Describes small-scale hydroelectric technology (portable to 15 kilowatts, stationary from 50 kilowatts to 5 megawatts) utilizing new high efficiency (84%) cross-flow turbines, available from FINESA, Inc., Prague, Czech Republic.
Dam-Reservoir Impact & Information Archive: DRIIA
- Information on dams, water diversions, impoundments, and hydroelectric projects, their impacts, and related links.
Hydro Information Systems Turbnpro Version 3 Software
- Software for the selection of hydroelectric turbines. Determines preferred turbine size, type, and arrangement from site data. Predicts the performance and energy production for the site.
Hydro Research Foundation
- U.S. organization that promotes hydropower by facilitating research and providing educational opportunities. Includes public information.
International Small-Hydro Atlas
- Technological and regulatory information related to project development, including project sites, organizations, contacts, literature, assessment tools and methodologies,opportunities for research and development, and financing guidelines.
Lake Murray, Saluda River, Columbia, South Carolina Dam Re-Licensing
- Resources for citizen involvement in the re-licensing of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Project 516.
Microhydro Web Portal
- Information about run-of-the-river systems up to 300 kilowatts. Includes the microhydro discussion group, microhydro basics, and links.
National Hydropower Association
- U.S. trade association. A comprehensive site containing policy information, relicensing information, and generally promoting industry interests.
- Network specializing in very small hydro systems, up to 5 kilowatts. Includes articles, down loadable publications, and links.
Power Matters - Hydroelectric Power
- Tennessee Valley Authority site with a description and diagram of a generic hydroelectric dam and a pumped storage facility.
RETScreen International - Renewable Energy Project Analysis Software
- Free software provided by Canada to evaluate renewable energy projects. Evaluate the energy production, life-cycle costs, and greenhouse gas emissions reduction for central-grid and isolated-grid connected small hydro projects.
Saint Lawrence FDR Power Project Relicensing
- Description of the project, the relicensing process, and a newsletter about the relicensing process.
Turning to Hydropower
- Site by the Foundation for Water and Energy Education. Promotes and provides extensive information about hydropower in the U.S. Northwest.
U.S. DOE Hydropower Program
- Information about hydroelectric power, state resource assessments, technology research and development, environmental concerns, and advanced hydropower turbines.
Water Wheel Factory
- Reference and historical information, kits, pictures, and plans for water wheels and water turbines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 19, 2013 at 15:15:17 UTC -