become an editor
the entire directory
only in Renewable/Biomass_and_Biofuels
Biomass and Biofuels
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable: Biomass and Biofuels
Vegetable Oil Fuels
Business: Energy: Renewable: Biomass
Business: Environment: Waste Management: Bioconversion
Home: Consumer Information: Automobiles: Fuels
Science: Agriculture: Field Crops
Science: Agriculture: Forestry
Science: Environment: Pollution Prevention and Recycling
Science: Technology: Energy: Hydrogen
This category in other languages:
Algae for Biofuels
- Group of scientists, businessmen and algae growers provide information on growing algae for the production of biofuels.
American Methanol Institute
- A non-profit educational and scientific organization dedicated to supporting the greater use of methanol as a clean energy resource.
Austrian Biofuels Institute
- An international centre of competence for liquid biofuels such as biodiesel and bioethanol. News items, articles, scope of their efforts, and a list of members.
- Provides ethanol and biodiesel companies with feasibility studies and analysis. Describes various technologies available, links to upcoming events, and their trade magazines.
- Provides information on ethanol and biodiesel and their use as environment-friendly and renewable sources of energy.
- Describes use and characteristics of biofuels such as biodiesel, biogas, landfill gas, and biomass.
Biofuels Center of North Carolina
- Aims to help create a sustainable biofuels industry sector in North Carolina.
- Includes a collection of news items, links to biofuel websites, articles, and events.
Biofuels: Journey to Forever
- Biofuels site provides comprehensive information about biodiesel and ethanol with a lot more about environment friendly nature of biofuels.
Biomass and Bioenergy
- An international journal publishing original research papers, reviews and case studies on biological resources, chemical and biological processes, and biomass products for new renewable sources of energy, food and materials. Tables of contents with abstracts; full text by subscription.
Canadian Renewable Fuels Association
- Ethanol fuels, ethanol from wastes, and biodiesel.
CHAPOSA - Charcoal Potential In Southern Africa
- Project investigating the potential for a sustainable supply of charcoal to low-income households in urban areas of Sub-Saharan Africa.
Ecological System Engineering
- Sustainabale small biosystem and bioenergy projects for food and fuel for integrated rural and urban uses.
European Biomass Conference and Exhibition
- Information about the upcoming conference and exhibition as well as previous conferences.
European Biomass Industry Association (EUBIA)
- Non-profit organization that aims to support the European biomass industries, promote the use of biomass as an energy source, develop innovative bioenergy concepts and foster international co-operation.
Governors' Biofuels Coalition
- Providing national and regional leadership on all biofuels, including ethanol, biodiesel, advanced biofuels, co-products, and new applications and technologies yet to come. Previously Governors' Ethanol Coalition.
Handbook of Energy Crops
- Detailed descriptions of about 200 plant species that can be used to produce energy.
- An international collaboration to accelerate the use of environmentally sound and cost-competitive bioenergy on a sustainable basis. Includes tasks, research and development networks, case studies, library, directory and media centre.
IEA Biomass Combustion and Co-firing
- Biomass Combustion and Co-firing task of the IEA Bioenergy Agreement. Technical documents and reports can be downloaded.
Northeast Regional Biomass Program
- They evaluate biomass technologies and fuels and to provide objective, reliable information to consumers and policy leaders in the United States.
- Information about biomass energy crop research projects in Florida, including studies on crop production, harvesting and grinding, and co-firing with coal. Also has information and links on other renewable-energy topics.
- Has a biomass treatment process capable of producing fiber, energy, chemicals and sugars from diverse biomass feedstocks and waste streams.
- Activities in the Netherlands in the area of bioenergy. [English and Dutch]
- Overview of the different types of biofuels. Addresses applications, production and ecological impact.
U.S. Department of Energy Biomass Program
- Develops technology for conversion of biomass to fuels, chemicals, materials, and power. Includes general information about biofuels, program research, resource and market issues, and publications and data.
US Department of Energy - Bioenergy Feedstock Information Network (BFIN)
- Information resources by feedstock type including fact sheets, reports, journal articles, presentations, databases and models with glossary, images, links, news and events.
- Encyclopedia article covers classes of fuel, energy content, problems and solutions, international efforts and additional resources.
Biomass and Biofuels
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 27, 2013 at 7:13:06 UTC -