become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nuclear/Nuclear_Waste
Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, New Mexico
Yucca Mountain, Nevada
Science: Environment: Hazardous Materials
Society: Issues: Environment: Nuclear: Waste
- Comprehensive technical guide to radioactive waste technology and management. Includes categorized directory with links.
Board on Radioactive Waste Management (BRWM)
- Committee of the National Academy of Sciences concerned with safe management of radioactive wastes including spent fuel, high-level, transuranic, low-level, and mixed waste and naturally occurring radioactive materials. Includes scientific and technical analyses, policy advice on processing, management and disposal.
California Radioactive Materials Management Forum
- Association of users of radioactive materials and generators of low-level radioactive waste in Arizona, California, North Dakota and South Dakota, which primary interest is the safe management and disposal of low-level radioactive waste.
Grimsel Test Site
- Deep underground rock laboratory in the Swiss Alps operated by a consortium of countries and companies investigating long-term chemical and nuclear waste disposal. Describes planned and ongoing research projects in radionuclide transport, rock characterization, fiber optic monitoring, groundwater modeling, gas migration, and other areas.
Nuclear High Level Waste Disposal Project
- Data on a number of experimental projects in hydrofracture for radioactive waste disposal from the Internet Community of Geological Engineers. Includes background information on nuclear fuel and waste management.
Nuclear Waste Project Office
- Information from the State of Nevada Nuclear Waste Project Office (NWPO) about the Yucca Mountain and Nevada test sites. Includes news, policy, legal, nuclear waste transportation and technical issues.
Nuclear Waste Scientific Program
- Assist the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and other international organizations in solving the problem of the safe disposal of high-level radioactive waste. Includes information radioactive waste management.
Radioactive Waste Repository Authority
- Ensures the safe disposal of existing and future radioactive waste in the Czech Republic. Includes information on research, development and activities. [Czech, English]
Svensk Kärnbränslehantering (SKB)
- Information about Swedish waste management technology and the search for a disposal site for spent nuclear fuel. Includes background on the company formed to handle the waste. [Swedish, English]
U.S. DOE - National Spent Nuclear Fuel Program
- Fact sheets from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) on spent fuel issues and background. Includes program mission, lessons learned, progress, spent fuel data and contact information.
U.S. DOE - Nuclear Waste Storage
- Documents prepared by the Office of Environmental Management (EM) of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Describes the various types of waste, the storage technology and the methods used.
U.S. NRC - Center for Nuclear Waste Regulatory Analyses
- Federal research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to resolve technical and regulatory issues related to geologic high level nuclear waste repository. Includes brochures and technical information about geophysics, corrosion, mining, risk assessment and geochemistry.
U.S. NRC - Radioactive Waste
- Information from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) about types of regulated waste and activities, responsibilities and related information.
U.S. NRC - Storage of Spent Nuclear Fuel
- Information from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) about storage options and regulations. Includes regulatory initiatives reports and regulatory guides.
U.S. NRC: Transportation of Spent Nuclear Fuel
- Fact sheets from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) on spent fuel transportation. Addresses regulation aspects and initiatives.
U.S. Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board
- Independent agency of the U.S. Government with purpose of providing independent scientific and technical oversight of the U.S. program for management and disposal of high-level radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 24, 2016 at 7:24:11 UTC -