become an editor
the entire directory
only in Energy/Electricity_Generation_and_Distribution
Electricity Generation and Distribution
Business: Energy: Electricity
Business: Energy: Utilities: Gas and Electricity
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Industrial Supply: Generators
Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering
Science: Technology: Materials: Superconductors
Bowden Bros. Ltd. Electricity Distribution Equipment
- 11kV distribution equipment for monitoring faults on overhead and underground systems, switchgear monitoring and control, automation systems.
California Energy Data
- Summary of data on the California Energy Crisis in electricity, natural gas, and gasoline. Many energy site links, including conservation sites.
- Brings electrical utility industry professionals together to identify and address technical issues that are critical to their organizations. Includes publications and mission statement.
The Electric Generator Guide
- Tutorial with the theory of operation, different types and home uses.
Electric Transmission and Distribution
- Department of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory concerned with transmission technology and reliability. Includes program description, facilities overview, news and contact information.
Electricity Switzerland Management Flow MCR&D
- Flow management and data acquisition solutions. Specialist in the field of electric energy. Products and services for the measurement of power consumption.
Energy Market Information
- Large database of real-time power and gas market information, principally for North America.
Energy Sector Management Assistance Program of the World Bank
- Provides background reports in the power generation, transmission and distribution sectors. Although targeted principally at the broad category of energy i.e. includes gas, oil, and coal.
Extra Heavy Fuel in Power Plants
- Describes concept of recovering diesel oil from a plant's present heavy fuel and burning the resulting extra heavy fuel.
Generic Generator (Gen-Set) Installation Manual
- Tutorial provided by Dexter Hansen providing information on the requirements and safety concerns for electric power generator installations. Covers commercial or residential use.
- Project to modernize the US electric grid system and create a collaborative network. Includes mission statement and member list.
Hydro-Québec's Research Institute
- Research center for the Canadian electric utility describes its activities in high-voltage and thermomechanical technologies, and power system simulations.
Hydroelectric Research and Technical Services Group
- Responsible for providing technical support, testing, and diagnostic services for hydroelectric power plants. Describes these areas of activity and provides online technical manuals and other publications.
- Portal offering current news and information on power generation and distribution.
Power Systems Technology
- The Minisub is a Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved substation which combines padmount transformers with SF6 switchgear technology.
R & D, EDF Innovation
- The research and development division of Electricite de France, EDF, the French electric utility.
Rural Utility Service Electric Program
- The rural electricity program of the United States Department of Agriculture. Contains extensive drawings, designs and descriptions of power distribution networks.
- Offers single wire earth return, a method of distributing electric power that is particularly cost effective for rural areas.
SGS Statistical Services
- SGS has provided the annual SGS Transmission Reliability Benchmarking Study since 1995. The 2001 Study has 30 US systems, comprising 50% of the US grid. Participation is available to all transmission owners or operators in the US and worldwide.
Smart Grid Library
- Provides information about the Smart Grid, defining terminology, jargon, and acronyms for general business and consumers.
Spontaneous Flow Heat Pump
- A concept for a heat pump that may be useful for electricity generation. The concept allegedly has a French Patent.
Thermal Power Genset
- Describes how skid mounted oil mini-refinery units at upstream crude oil production sites can supply heavy fuel to local power plant and diesel oil to remote small gensets.
U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Provides notices, major orders, and energy information for the electric, gas, oil, and hydro industries.
VALid Technologies Sarl
- Small Hydro Power Plants and power distribution - design, rehabilitation and upgrade, optimization: VALid Technologies has customized solutions for improvements to control and protection concepts and other aspects of small hydro power plants.
Usenet misc.industry.utilities.electric -
Electricity Generation and Distribution
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2013 at 6:24:08 UTC -