become an editor
the entire directory
only in Energy/Electricity_Generation_and_Distribution
Electricity Generation and Distribution
Business: Energy: Electricity
Business: Energy: Utilities: Gas and Electricity
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Industrial Supply: Generators
Science: Technology: Electrical Engineering
Science: Technology: Materials: Superconductors
Bowden Bros. Ltd. Electricity Distribution Equipment
- 11kV distribution equipment for monitoring faults on overhead and underground systems, switchgear monitoring and control, automation systems.
California Energy Data
- Summary of data on the California Energy Crisis in electricity, natural gas, and gasoline. Many energy site links, including conservation sites.
- Brings electrical utility industry professionals together to identify and address technical issues that are critical to their organizations. Includes publications and mission statement.
The Electric Generator Guide
- Tutorial with the theory of operation, different types and home uses.
Electric Transmission and Distribution
- Department of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory concerned with transmission technology and reliability. Includes program description, facilities overview, news and contact information.
Electricity Switzerland Management Flow MCR&D
- Flow management and data acquisition solutions. Specialist in the field of electric energy. Products and services for the measurement of power consumption.
Energy Market Information
- Large database of real-time power and gas market information, principally for North America.
Extra Heavy Fuel in Power Plants
- Describes concept of recovering diesel oil from a plant's present heavy fuel and burning the resulting extra heavy fuel.
Generic Generator (Gen-Set) Installation Manual
- Tutorial provided by Dexter Hansen providing information on the requirements and safety concerns for electric power generator installations. Covers commercial or residential use.
- Project to modernize the US electric grid system and create a collaborative network. Includes mission statement and member list.
Hydro-Québec's Research Institute
- Research center for the Canadian electric utility describes its activities in high-voltage and thermomechanical technologies, and power system simulations.
Hydroelectric Research and Technical Services Group
- Responsible for providing technical support, testing, and diagnostic services for hydroelectric power plants. Describes these areas of activity and provides online technical manuals and other publications.
- Portal offering current news and information on power generation and distribution.
Power Systems Technology
- The Minisub is a Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved substation which combines padmount transformers with SF6 switchgear technology.
R & D, EDF Innovation
- The research and development division of Electricite de France, EDF, the French electric utility.
Rural Utility Service Electric Program
- The rural electricity program of the United States Department of Agriculture. Contains extensive drawings, designs and descriptions of power distribution networks.
- Offers single wire earth return, a method of distributing electric power that is particularly cost effective for rural areas.
SGS Statistical Services
- SGS has provided the annual SGS Transmission Reliability Benchmarking Study since 1995. The 2001 Study has 30 US systems, comprising 50% of the US grid. Participation is available to all transmission owners or operators in the US and worldwide.
Smart Grid Library
- Provides information about the Smart Grid, defining terminology, jargon, and acronyms for general business and consumers.
Spontaneous Flow Heat Pump
- A concept for a heat pump that may be useful for electricity generation. The concept allegedly has a French Patent.
Thermal Power Genset
- Describes how skid mounted oil mini-refinery units at upstream crude oil production sites can supply heavy fuel to local power plant and diesel oil to remote small gensets.
U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Provides notices, major orders, and energy information for the electric, gas, oil, and hydro industries.
VALid Technologies Sarl
- Small Hydro Power Plants and power distribution - design, rehabilitation and upgrade, optimization: VALid Technologies has customized solutions for improvements to control and protection concepts and other aspects of small hydro power plants.
Usenet misc.industry.utilities.electric -
Electricity Generation and Distribution
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 30, 2014 at 9:45:05 UTC -