become an editor
the entire directory
only in Energy/Education
Business: Education and Training: Education
Business: Education and Training: Technology
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Physics: Energy
Science: Educational Resources
Science: Environment: Education
Science: Physics: Education
Alliance to Save Energy (ASE): Educators
- Promotes energy efficiency worldwide for economy, environment and security. Offers K-12 lesson plans, energy saving tips and resource links to other educational supportive information.
Arizona Solar Center
- A comprehensive site that explores various solar technologies and their uses in Arizona. Educational section for students and teachers includes lesson modules, book recommendations and videos.
Ben Wiens Energy Science Infosite
- Web-books, papers, articles and links about energy science and technology. Written for laypeople as well as scientists it covers theories, applications, conservation, physics, chemistry and biology.
Centre for Energy
- Portal for Canadian energy matters. Provides information, statistics, games, educational materials and supporting curriculums for energy and energy-related issues.
The Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE)
- Comprehensive and well designed education materials for nursery school through adult education. Organized as a teaching curriculum for education in sustainable development.
DOE - EERE: Kids - Dr. E's Energy Lab
- Kid friendly interface to DOE Renewable Energy educational materials. Has unique educational links plus links to the main DOE - EERE educational material.
DOE - Fossil Energy
- Coal, oil and natural gas energy education material for elementary and junior high students. Also offer fellowship, intern and research grant programs.
EIA: Energy Education Resources
- EIA provides students, educators, and other information users a list of generally available free or low-cost energy-related educational materials.
- Factoids from the textbook "Energy" by Gordon Aubrecht
Energy 4 Me
- For students, teachers and the public designed to help students and adults become more educated energy consumers. Sponsored by the Society of Petroleum Engineers, energy4me program is a public outreach program and web resource.
- California Energy Commission's energy and environmental education site for students, parents and teachers. Includes information, questions and answers, projects, and other resources.
- Tutorial on energy production and transformation, addressing technical and ecological aspects.
- Offers help to teachers interested in teaching about energy production and use. Includes useful links sorted by topic and teacher goals along with relevant news links.
Free Sun Power
- Information on how solar power systems work with descriptions of all of the individual components that make up the integrated system.
Institute of Electrical Power Engineering
- Graduate program at the Moscow Power Engineering Institute includes electric power stations, electrical power systems and networks, power supply, non-conventional and renewable energy sources and high-voltage physics.
Major Energy Generation Technologies in the U.S. National Energy Policy
- Educational resource that covers major energy generation technologies, addressing fossil fuel, fuel cell, nuclear, and renewable sources.
National Energy Foundation (NEF)
- Promotes, and provides resources for, education related primarily to energy, water, natural resources, science and math, technology, conservation and the environment.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL): Education
- Education programs and resources related to science and energy spanning K-12, undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral, and teacher levels.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL): Learning
- Provides information about renewable energy, energy efficiency practices, delivery and storage technologies, applications and student resources.
NEED - National Education Energy Development
- Promotes energy awareness through education and networks of students, educators, business, government and community leaders. Energy education programs and resources.
- Provides renewable energy resources for teachers and educational material for students on solar, wind and hydro power.
Re-Energy.ca: A Renewable Energy Project Kit
- Information for teachers and students on renewable energy: solar power, wind energy, water power and biomass energy. Areas have background information, lesson plans, project plans, posters and relevant links.
Renewable Energy Lesson Plans
- Free lesson plans, worksheets and activities by subject and grade level.
Renewable Energy Training Course
- Provides courses and alternative energy learning resources for the industry. Courses include photovoltaic, solar thermal, wind power, hydro power and geothermal.
Sol Ideas Technology Development
- Learn how to build your very own nanocrystalline dye-sensitized solar cell.
Solar Energy International
- Classroom and hands-on education for practical applications in solar power, wind power, water power, and energy efficient building designs. Also offers energy awareness through youth camps and in-school activities.
Solar Energy Online
- Educational resource about solar energy as a renewable energy source. Reviews physics and applications of both solar electric (photovoltaics) and solar thermal applications.
The Solar School Initiative
- A solar school is any type of educational establishment that uses a solar energy system that is visible from school grounds as a teaching tool.
- Education programs, videos and solar energy related education tools for teachers to use in teaching solar energy topics.
- Offers educational resources, workshops and courses in sustainable development, energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
Vehicle Technologies Program
- Reviews of environmentally friendly transportation technologies supported by the US DOE Office of Transportation Technologies. Includes supporting information resources, financial opportunities and college-level education activities.
Wisconsin K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP)
- KEEP's mission is to initiate and facilitate the development, dissemination, implementation, and evaluation of energy education programs within Wisconsin schools. Includes activity guides, curriculum materials, inservice information, links and publications for teachers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 28, 2014 at 5:35:06 UTC -