become an editor
the entire directory
only in Devices/Internal_Combustion_Engines
Internal Combustion Engines
Research Groups and Centers
Business: Automotive: Parts and Accessories: Engine
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Industrial Supply: Generators
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Maritime: Equipment and Supplies: Engines and Propulsion Systems
Science: Technology: Mechanical Engineering: Propulsion
Auto Math Calculations
- Features technical articles and several calculation tools for evaluating the thermodynamic efficiency of engines.
- Explains the basics of the Carnot cycle. Includes thermodynamic diagrams and theorems.
- Describes different engine design concepts, sorted by nation, as well as some support systems. Addresses efficiency and performance, insights, characteristics, with pictures and animations.
CSU Engine Web Pages
- Thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid mechanics in internal combustion engines. Applets are used to perform simple calculations. Developed at Colorado State University.
Four Stroke Internal Combustion Engine
- Explains the strokes of internal combustion engines using animations from the Glenn Research Center.
HowStuffWorks: How Automobile Ignition Systems Work
- Explains the basics of ignition systems in Otto cycle engine. Includes technical animations and drawings.
HowStuffWorks: How Car Engines Work
- Explains the basics of Otto cycle engines. Include technical drawings and animations.
HowStuffWorks: How Does a Miller Cycle Engine Work
- Explains the technical and historical background of the Miller cycle.
Hydrogen Developed Technology Inc.
- Provides information on hydrogen generators that save fuel, increase MPG, reduce emissions, and increase power and torque by injecting hydrogen into the combustion chamber of internal combustion engines.
Improve MPG: The Factors Affecting Fuel Economy
- Presents a methodology to assess engine's performance as well as one's own driving habits to improve driving efficiency.
Kruse Limited Temperature Cycle
- Describes an innovative thermodynamic engine cycle which limits peak combustion temperature in direct injection petrol, gasoline and diesel engines. Includes engine cycle overview and description, references, diagrams and patents.
Wikipedia: Carnot Heat Engine
- Free encyclopedia article explaining the Carnot cycle, with emphasis on engines.
Wikipedia: Internal Combustion Engine
- Free encyclopedia article covers internal combustion engine technology and applications. Addresses operation modes, thermodynamic cycle and efficiency, fuel types, support systems and parts.
Usenet rec.autos.tech -
Internal Combustion Engines
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 14, 2012 at 5:45:03 UTC -