become an editor
the entire directory
only in High_Voltage/Generators
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Electronics: High Voltage: Generators
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Industrial Supply: Generators
- Describes the development of the particle accelerator starting with the Cockroft-Walton device built in 1932, the Van de Graaff accelerator, the radio frequency linear accelerator, the cyclotron and synchrotron. [PDF]
Advancement of High Voltage Generators and Components for Applications under Industrial Conditions
- Technical study of the Marx generator and how to achieve a high throughput in industrial applications.
Capacitor-Bank Discharge Experiments
- William Beaty describes some dangerous high voltage experiments he has performed, and provides links to related sites.
Cockcroft Walton Multiplier
- Description and construction of a Greinacher or Cockroft Walton generator.
Early Particle Accelerators
- Article describing how Cockcroft and Walton built a voltage multiplier that used a stack of capacitors connected by rectifying diodes. Also describes the Van de Graaff generator, the linear accelerator and the cyclotron.
- Construction details and history, with pictures and directions for a wide variety of generators.
- (Climbing Arc) Construction informative page on these very dangerous devices.
Jon's Homebuilt Lasers
- Some pictures from a laser enthusiast.
Tesla Coil Page
- Notes the differences and similarities between Van de Graaff generators and Tesla coils. Includes some photographs.
UVA Virtual Lab: Van de Graaff Generators
- Photographic tour showing how these devices work.
Van de Graaff Generator Tutorial
- Java tutorial from the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory illustrating how a Van de Graaff electrostatic generator operates and how a spark is produced.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 15, 2009 at 20:37:45 UTC -