become an editor
the entire directory
only in Communications/Mobile_Systems
Manufacturers and Suppliers
Computers: Data Communications: Wireless
Home: Consumer Information: Electronics: Communications: Mobile
- Offers hints and tips for programming and using the Motorola 2-way radio.
Bay Area Research Wireless Access Network (BARWAN)
- Wireless overlay network testbed being created in the San Francisco Bay Area. University of California (Berkeley) - CS division.
- Mobile computing systems integrator using GSM, radio, and wireless technologies.
Bill McFadden's Home Page
- A listing of files and links on frequency use.
Cellular Networking Perspectives
- Monthly wireless standards and technology bulletin providing descriptions of new and emerging cellular, PCS, analog and digital wireless standards.
- A cellular phone website, focusing on the GSM and 3G industry.
Classification of Emissions and Necessary Bandwidths
- Technical article relating to radio communication from the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
The Electromagnetic (RF) Spectrum
- Provides radio spectrum information. Includes technical articles, stories, data, application notes, freeware, new products, reviews, and jobs.
Frequency Selection Database
- Resource for USA frequency coordination and spectrum research.
GE / Ericsson Radio Model Identification
- An online reference guide to GE two way radios. Includes nomenclature charts to help aid in model identification.
- Information and news about GSM.
How the Radio Spectrum Works
- Article that explains the radio spectrum and radio waves.
Larsen's Reference Articles
- Technical reference articles on antennas, including information on impedance matching, wavelength, bandwidth, directivity and gain.
- Promotes understanding of satellite communications technology.
Semiconductor Cross Reference
- A searchable database and links to related resources.
Smart Antennas Research Group
- Focuses on Smart Antennas and Space-Time processing for Mobile Communications.
Software Defined Radio
- A forum on open architecture reconfigurable wireless technology.
- Provides a range of information on this all-digital private mobile radio communication technology. Includes a user's club, forum, and latest news.
- News, information and opinions about femtocell home base stations. Describes the technology options, vendors and operators involved.
The UMTS Forum
- The UMTS Forum is an international and independent body, uniquely committed through the building of cross-industry consensus to the successful introduction and development of UMTS/IMT-2000 "third generation" mobile communications systems.
- Provides 3G and UMTS news and information. Technology overviews of UMTS, 3G, WAP, WCDMA, GPRS and latest on contracts and licensing.
Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing
- Interdisciplinary course on wireless communications and mobile applications, oriented towards computing systems graduate students. Includes course overview and curriculum. University of California, Berkeley
Wireless Communications Research Group (Stanford)
- Focus on wireless access to new networks (e.g. ATM), wireless local area data networks, cellular mobile radio, and new low-power low-tier personal communications systems
Wireless Information Networks Lab.
- Focus on Intelligent Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing and Radio Resource.
Wireless Systems Laboratory (WSL)
- Wireless Research at Georgia Tech. Primary focus is on Turbo Code applications for Wireless.
- License wireless technology including wireless text messaging, wireless email, voice messaging and mixed media messaging.
Usenet alt.cellular -
Usenet alt.cellular.gsm -
Usenet comp.dsp -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2015 at 3:05:06 UTC -