become an editor
the entire directory
only in Civil_Engineering/History
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
Built in America
- This collection includes digitized images of measured drawings, black-and-white photographs, color transparencies, photo captions, data pages including written histories, and supplemental materials. From The Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and the Historic American Engineering Record (HAER).
Civil Engineering and Public Works.
- Full text of this 1870 publication by William Blake. Reports on the 1867 Paris Universal Exposition. Includes topics such as construction materials and the Suez maritime canal.
Construction History Society
- Exists to focus the attention of the construction industry and associated professions on the importance of preserving the records of our built environment. Includes membership details, newsletter, journal and events.
- Group of volunteers restoring and maintaining one of the pumping stations which drained the Haarlemmermeer. Site describes the history, the technology, and the restoration.
Engineering Timelines Map of The British Isles
- Searchable data on significant projects and engineers in the British Isles.
The Jerwood Photography Project - Making the Modern World
- A project to make accessible and preserve the British Library's photographic collection which records the progress of early construction projects. Includes samples from the collection.
The National History Committee of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
- Record for preservation, significant works of earlier generations of civil engineers. Includes illustrated listings of historic sites.
Pocket-Book for Railroad and Civil Engineers
- Facsimile of an early calculation assistant which contained methods for laying out railroad curves, switches, frog angles, and crossings, the staking out of work, levelling, and the calculation of cuttings and embankments. Produced by Oliver Byrne in 1864.
The Surveyors Historical Society
- Dedicated to the preservation of historical surveying instruments, artifacts, records and memorabilia and educating the general public about the history of surveying.
Syllabus of Lectures on Civil Engineering in the University of Georgia
- Facsimile of this 1853 publication by Charles Francis McCay. Provides an interesting insight into early engineering education.
Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Engineering Construction and Building
- Covers a range of topics including roads and bridges, ports and harbours, and construction during the settlement period. From the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2014 at 11:24:03 UTC -