become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/World_War_I
World War I
Recreation: Living History: By Time Period: 20th Century: World War I
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War I
- Comprehensive WWI aviation site featuring aces, aircraft they piloted, relevant books, and reference resources. Interactive features include a forum and guestbook.
The Aircraft of World War I
- Aircraft listed by nationality with history of each type. Statistics for total production by each nation, front line strength, and combat losses throughout the war.
Cross and Cockade International
- The Society of World War One Aero Historians.
- Research project of the 320 Fokker Dr.1 triplanes built during World War I and the fighter pilot Manfred von Richthofen also known as The Red Baron. Information, photographs, books, artwork, links.
The History of Aviation Collection
- Online aviation history collection including, The Ferko/Williams World War I Collection, located at the University of Texas at Dallas.
Informative speech on the Fokker Triplane
- Describes the development, operational history, strengths and weaknesses of the Fokker Triplane. Written in the form of an outline.
Jasta 11 World War 1 Aviation
- Aviation instruments, engines, photos and collectables displayed for the benefit of researchers, modelers, collectors and other enthusiasts with the intention to provide an encompassing reference work.
The Lafayette Foundation
- Official website for the Vintage Aero Flying Museum, which features an international collection of planes from WWI and WWII. Includes a large collection of WWI aviator profiles.
The League of WW-I Aviation Historians
- Publishers of Over The Front, the leading journal in the field of Great War military aviation research. Stories of the men and missions, markings and colors of the aeroplanes, images, links to local chapters.
Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen
- Manfred von Richthofen's military career, year by year. Chart of Richthofen's victories by month, photographs and details of aircraft.
Manfred von Richthofen
- Brief biography of the 'Red Baron', a famous German aeroplane pilot of the World War II.
- Song lyrics describe the incident of July 6, 1917 when the Red Baron was critically wounded in aerial combat yet lived to fight again.
The Red Fighter Pilot
- An online edition of Captain Manfred von Richthofen's 1917 account of the air war during WW-I.
- WWI aviation enthusiast site featuring plane and accessory classifieds, memorabilia, historical profiles, and replica planes.
The Vintage Aviator - Constructors of Military Aircraft
- Vintage military aircraft restoration and manufacturing company, with an emphasis on WWI aviation. Contains details of aviation construction projects, image galleries, activities and resources.
Who killed the Red Baron?
- An archive of files on the controversy which surrounds the death of World War One's top-scoring ace. Includes eyewitness audio files.
World War I Aviation Page
- Information on the aces, air battles, and aircraft involved in the conflict.
Zeppelins: Monsters of the Purple Twilight
- Describes the use of Zeppelins during WW-I.
World War I
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 19:45:11 UTC -