become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Aerospace: Aeronautics: History: Organizations
Recreation: Aviation: Aircraft: Restoration
Airship Heritage Trust
- A charitable organization currently based at Old Warden, Bedfordshire, England. It owns and looks after the national heritage archive and collection of airship artifacts, and photographs relating to the British Airship Program.
Antarctic Aviation Preservation Society
- New Zealand society dedicated to finding and preserving aircraft and relics related to Antarctic aviation.
Antique Aircraft Association
- Organization preserving and flying vintage and antique aircraft in the US. Includes information on the Air Power Museum in Blakesburg, Iowa, US.
Arizona Wing Commemorative Air Force
- Aviation Museum featuring B-17 Sentimental Journey, warbirds from WWII – Vietnam and memorabilia and exhibits on display. Warbird flights available, Gift shop featuring unique aviation items, shop at museum or online.
Brussels Air Museum Foundation
- The Foundation aims to maintain, restore and promote aviation heritage and the collection of aircraft at the Royal Army Museum in Brussels, Belgium. Includes news, photographs and information on projects. In English, French and Dutch.
Canadian Aviation Historical Society
- Dedicated to the preservation of Canada's military and civilian flying heritage. Formed in 1962, supports ten chapters across Canada.
Commemorative Air Force: Florida Wing
- Provides information on a group of enthusiasts restoring World War II aircraft to flying condition.
Delaware Valley Historical Aircraft Association
- A not-for-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to the preservation and display of the aviation history of the Delaware valley. The collection is open to the public and consists of a variety of wartime and postwar military aircraft.
East Anglian Aircraft Research Group
- An informal aviation archeology group researching and recovering crashed WWII aircraft in the East Anglia area of England. Includes descriptions of some recovered artefacts and histories of the crashed aircraft.
Gatwick Aviation Museum
- Under-funded but worth a visit for those interested in collections of interesting aircraft. They are mostly military. Includes a history of each aircraft where this is known. Museum is near Garwick Airport in the South of England.
The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery
- A full-time professional staff guides an international membership of researchers and supporters in the non-profit organization's efforts to find, save, and preserve rare and historic aircraft.
The Jet Age Museum
- Although the museum is to currently open to the public the site is a great resource to attract members and funding. The museum collection covers airframes and engines from the beginning of jet aircraft development.
Manx Aviation & Military Preservation Society
- Photo gallery and articles from and about the Isle of Man. The focus of the collection is on military history although they have some aviation related exhibits.
OV-10 Bronco Association
- The Association's (a Texas non-profit corporation) goals are to preserve the history of the aircraft and the people associated with it.
RAF Laarbruch Flying Club
- Records the history, details and membership of the club which stationed at Laarbruch, Germany, from 1968-1999. For the benefit of former members and all those interested in the club.
Vampire Preservation Group
- Restoration and operation of a De Havilland Vampire T11.
Yorkshire Helicopter Preservation Group
- Volunteer run organisation to preserve and maintain helicopter airframes and artifacts.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:24:09 AM EST -