become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ultrasound/Sonoluminescence
Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration: Ultrasound: Sonoluminescence
Difficulties in the Sonoluminescence Theory Based on Quantum Phenomenon of Vacuum Radiation
- Paper by Pawel Tatrocki discussing some effects which could be observed and are difficult to explain by the sonoluminescence theory developed by C. Eberlein.
- Developing a Sonofusion power generator which harnesses the energy in sonoluminescence to provide the necessary temperatures for fusion reactions.
Library of Halexandria: Sonoluminescence
- Provides information on the initiation of bright flashes of light caused by imposing a loud, high frequency sound on a gas bubble contained within a liquid.
Physics News Graphics: The Sonoluminescence Process
- Provides a four step theory on sonoluminescence.
Single Bubble Sonoluminescence
- Provides detailed instructions on how to produce single and multi bubble sonoluminescence.
- W.A. Steer PhD provides details of his experiment to observe single-bubble sonoluminescence and to investigate its basic properties.
- Provides history, properties and theories.
Sonoluminescence and Medical Ultrasound
- Provides diagrams of what sonoluminescence may look like close up.
Sonoluminescence in Space at Boston University
- Proposes to study sonoluminescence in space and in microgravity.
- Maker of sonoluminescence kits. Provides instructions and suggested experiments.
Tabletop Nuclear Fusion Claims Meet with Skepticism
- Article from Scientific American providing an explanation of why it is unlikely that sonoluminescence produces the conditions necessary to initiate or facilitate nuclear fusion.
The Casimir Effect: Physical Manifestations of Zero Point Energy
- Describes the connection between the Casimir effect and sonoluminescence. Full text in PDF, PS and DVI file formats.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:24:42 AM EST -