become an editor
the entire directory
only in Acoustics,_Ultrasound_and_Vibration/Resources
Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration: Resources
Recreation: Audio: Do-It-Yourself: Loudspeakers
Acoustical Porous Material Recipes
- Glossary of terms, models and research methods.
Acoustics and Vibration Animations
- Contains animations which visualize certain concepts concerning acoustics and vibration.
- Provides easy access to information in the broad field of acoustics. Provided by the Acoustical Society of America.
Art Ludwig's Sound Page
- Contains large amount of information about physical and room acoustics, design of loudspeakers.
C37 Acoustics Dieter Ennemoser
- Violin maker and acoustic researcher D.Ennemoser's C37-theory of natural sound, including applications on violins and loudspeakers.
In-Flight Rotorcraft Acoustics Program (IRAP)
- NASA's aeronautics research will reduce noise to make helicopters and tiltrotors more acceptable to the public. The objective of IRAP is to acquire rotorcraft noise data in flight for comparison to wind tunnel data.
Modal Analysis and Structural Fatigue
- Solutions using computer modelling to determine the vibration modes and impact on a building, equipment or mechanical component when exposed to a vibration source.
Online Structural Engineering Software
- Theoretical models for plates, beams, trusses and shock absorbers.
Prediction of Earthquakes
- Paper by H.L.Dunegan on the use of high frequency sensors to detect acoustic emissions in order to predict earthquakes.
- Discussions of loudspeaker plans and designs. Sealed, isobaric, ported, mtm, speaker, esotar, tweeter, woofer, midrange, speaker building
Scientific Applications and Research Associated, Inc
- SARA specializes in harnessing electromagnetism, plasmas, acoustics and electronics to build practical applications for force protection, renewable energy, UAVs, small robotics and special test challenges.
Sonic Architecture (TM)
- Bill and Mary Buchen.
Sound Sucker: Acoustic Illusion
- William Beaty describes an acoustic project with weird results.
The Sonic Weapon of Vladimir Gavreau
- Gerry Vasilitos describes how Dr. Gavreau and his staff periodically experienced an extreme nausea. Further research led them to identify low frequency sound (7 Hz) as the cause. Could this be used as a weapon?
Wave Field Synthesis and Holophony
- Provides information with animations on a wave field synthesis based holophony approach to reproducing the acoustics of the opera house in the living room.
- Provides computer animations of waves.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:20:20 PM EDT -