become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urban_and_Regional_Planning/Transportation
Urban and Regional Planning
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning: Transportation
Metropolitan Planning Organizations
U.S. Department of Transportation
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Urban Transport
Recreation: Roads and Highways
Science: Technology: Transportation
Society: Issues: Transportation
This category in other languages:
Bike Plan Source
- Bicycle planning, advocacy, and program development. Features a planning guide, resource list, and news.
Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Department of Transportation site that offers transportation data and analysis as well as other related information for all 50 states.
Capital SouthEast Connector JPA
- Information on the proposed 35-mile roadway that will link communities in El Dorado and Sacramento Counties and the cities of Folsom, Rancho Cordova and Elk Grove.
- A collection of examples and solutions for achieving car-free cities.
Census Transportation Planning Package 2000
- Special tabulations from the 2000 U.S. Census designed for transportation planners.
Center for Urban Transportation Research
- Objective transportation research resource maintained by the College of Engineering at the University of South Florida.
The City Fix
- Online resource for sustainable transport news, advocacy, articles and blogs from around the world.
- Information about the scheme from Transport for London.
EPA - Office of Transportation and Air Quality
- Protects public health and the environment by controlling air pollution and encouraging travel choices that minimize emissions.
Ignored and Neglected: A Characterisation of the Public Transport Sector in Dodoma, Tanzania
- Bachelor thesis in human geography at the University of Amsterdam, 2008, by Koen Elzerman. Downloadable as a pdf file.
- UK based campaigning organization for pedestrians and public spaces. Initiator and stakeholder in many practical projects to improve quality and safety of streets (formerly the Pedestrians Association).
National Transit Institute
- Training, education, and clearinghouse services in support of public transportation in the United States.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center
- Information about health and safety, engineering, advocacy, education, enforcement, access and mobility.
- A research project focusing upon pedestrian movement and simulation using agent-based modelling techniques.
- A national organization focused on the link between transportation and community development, providing resources on transit-oriented development, intercity travel, and new urbanism.
Richard Drdul Community Transportation Planning
- Information about sustainable transportation practices, including traffic calming and bicycle planning and design [PDF files].
Surface Transportation Policy Project
- U.S. activist website includes current news and topical analyses about a variety of transportation planning topics.
Texas Transportation Institute
- Official research agency for the Texas Department of Transportation and the Texas Railroad Commission, devoted to solving transportation problems.
Transit Oriented Development - King County, Washington
- Promotes high density mixed-use development around major transit facilities.
Transit Oriented Development Advocate
- Case studies of light rail station area planning and transit oriented development.
- Economic libertarian group weblog. Includes personal opinion and discussion of transport and related topics.
Transportation Research Board
- Promotes innovation and progress in transportation by stimulating and conducting research, facilitating the dissemination of information, and encouraging the implementation of research results.
Victoria Transport Policy Institute
- An independent Canadian research organization dedicated to developing innovative and practical solutions to transportation problems.
Usenet alt.planning.transportation -
Usenet misc.transport.urban-transit -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 29, 2012 at 2:54:02 UTC -