become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urban_and_Regional_Planning/Publications
Urban and Regional Planning
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning: Publications
Growth and Sprawl
Arts: Architecture: News and Media
Arts: Photography: Photographers: Urban
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Urban Economics: Publications
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Publications
Science: Social Sciences: Publications
This category in other languages:
- A bi-monthly magazine on architecture, city, and visual culture. Includes an archive of feature articles. [in Dutch and English]
Better! Cities & Towns
- Newsletter covering new urbanism: smart growth, livable communities, and traditional neighborhood development.
California Planning & Development Report
- Independent monthly newsletter covering planning and development news in the state.
- Quarterly magazine communicating innovative ideas about restoring the quality of life to America's cities.
- Online collection of published essays on land use planning, the environment, development and the no-growth movement by Richard Carson.
Creative Class Group
- Richard Florida's "The Rise of the Creative Class" examines creativity and its effects on economic development.
Downtown Research and Development Center
- Offers newsletters and books on topics including economic development, downtown promotion programs, transportation and parking, and organization and management.
EcoIQ Magazine on Land Use
- Selected articles and editorials on urban issues.
Environment and Urbanization
- Semiannual journal focuses on urban and environmental issues, with an emphasis on Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Includes archives, abstracts, subscription information, and submission guidelines.
Journal of Urban Planning and Development
- Quarterly publication of the American Society of Civil Engineers covers civil engineering applications in urban planning.
Los Angeles Studies: The Emergence of a Specialty Field
- Toric Monahan reviews research on Los Angeles; article from the journal City and Society. [PDF]
- Metropolis examines contemporary life through design, architecture, interior design, product design, graphic design, crafts, planning, and preservation.
New Village Journal
- A magazine that documents enlightened leadership in community planning, development, and renewal.
New Village Press
- Publisher of original cross-disciplinary books on community building for professionals and activists.
- A magazine by a new generation of urban leaders and thinkers that asks how cities, through design, policy, and entrepreneurship, can remain economically competitive while addressing critical environmental and social issues.
Open House International
- Journal focusing on improving the built environment and the decision-making processes that influence its development. Includes abstracts, notes, history, and subscription information.
Planning and Markets
- Electronic journal dedicated to the study of planned interventions versus market approaches.
- An introduction and exploration into the concept of posturbanism.
Sidewalks in the Kingdom
- Readings, links, and discussions for Christian New Urbanists.
- A journal of the built and natural environments, featuring articles, essays, editorials, poetry, fiction, artwork, and the "UnSprawl" case studies.
The Town Paper
- Publications about urbanism and town design for public outreach, reporting and educational debate. Includes an archive of articles and links to traditional neighborhood developments.
- Subscription based service offering reports and research generated by local government agencies, civic organizations, academic and research organizations, public libraries, and metropolitan and regional planning agencies.
The Urban Reinventors
- Online urban journal, whose aim is to analyze the entrepreneurial strategies of reinvention of the contemporary city.
- Journal that provides an international forum of social and economic contributions to the fields of urban and regional planning.
The Western Planner
- Magazine published eight times a year for an audience in twelve western states.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 17, 2013 at 22:20:55 UTC -