become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urban_and_Regional_Planning/Projects
Urban and Regional Planning
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning: Projects
Arts: Visual Arts: Public Art
Home: Urban Living
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Intentional Communities
- An experimental town in the desert of Arizona, built to embody Paolo Soleri's concept of arcology - the fusion of architecture with ecology. Theory, workshops, events, images, visitor information.
Auroville Center for Urban Research
- Presents workshops, studies, and investigations with practical implementations at the emerging city of Auroville, India.
Baycity Revival Redevelopment Plan
- A redevelopment proposal for the waterfront of the City of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Information about the planned city in India designed by Le Corbusier.
- Essays, links, and photos about the Florida planned community developed by the Walt Disney Corporation.
Interactionfield - Public Space in the Digital Age
- Analysis and categorization of interactive media and public art projects that contribute to the rediscovery and revitalization of urban public spaces.
Kakigawa - Pools of Meaning
- A project by Mirjam Struppek and Arika Adachi based on an entry in the competition "Semiotic Fields and Attractors: the rediscovery of the Kaki River in Nagaoka, Japan."
- Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation provides news and information about the world's first garden city. Includes a history of its development and guide.
Levittown: Documents of an Ideal American Suburb
- Information, analysis, and photographs of this archetypal postwar American suburb.
Life in the Model City
- Personal stories about urban renewal in New Haven, Connecticut in the 1950s and 1960s.
Limiting Urban Futures
- An attack on the future-scenario style of urban planning. In urban futures scenarios, the range of "acceptable" future cities is made visible. The Amsterdam (Netherlands) study TVA is used as an example of how such studies limit urban futures.
Pullman Historic District
- Former industrial town now a neighborhood of Chicago. Events and program calendars, location map, and foundation activities.
- New town in Fairlawn, New Jersey designed in 1929.
Raploch Urban Regeneration Company
- One of three Scottish Executive funded Pathfinder URCs, implementing a plan to transform the physical appearance of the community.
- New urbanist coastal beach town. Accommodations, entertainment, restaurants, street map, and education.
The Irvine Company
- Master plan, guiding principles, and conservation goals for development of the Irvine Ranch in Orange County, California.
The Washington, DC Comprehensive Plan
- Information on the planning process, a calendar of meetings and events, a library of documents, and a community feedback program.
Urban Development of Wolfsburg
- The City of Wolfsburg in Germany is a typical example of planned urban development. Four different development stages are illustrated.
Urban Revitalization Concept
- Overview of the Jackson Place Redevelopment Plan in Richmond, Virginia.
- Includes a brief description of a method of providing more vegetation in high-density city centers.
- A modernist utopian design for a city of the future.
Village of Ponderosa
- A mixed-use, pedestrian friendly, new urbanist community in West Des Moines, Iowa. Information on location and plans.
- Images, interviews and other materials relating to Greenbelt, Maryland, a New Deal-era planned community in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.
Waterfront Edinburgh Limited
- A partnership between The City of Edinburgh Council and Scottish Enterprise Edinburgh and Lothian working to regenerate 140 hectares of brownfield land in north Edinburgh on the shores of the Firth of Forth.
Wikipedia: New town
- History and profiles of planned cities in publicly editable encyclopedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:39:50 AM EST -