become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urban_and_Regional_Planning/Organizations
Urban and Regional Planning
American Planning Association
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Organizations
Science: Social Sciences: Public Administration: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Australian Institute of Urban Studies
- Nonpartisan multidisciplinary national organization that deals with urban affairs issues. Membership information, profile, conference news, and list of achievements.
- Provides annual award for urban excellence and forums for the discussion of issues related to urban architecture, planning, and revitalization.
California Planning Roundtable
- A group of experienced public and private sector planners. Works on publications, presentations, and a scholarship.
- Network of journalists, speakers and advisers committed to competitive, equitable, and sustainable 21st century metropolitan regions.
- An Asia-Pacific regional network of local authorities, with an agenda emphasizing urban development.
Congress for the New Urbanism
- CNU is a non-profit organization that works with multi-disciplinary professionals to promote walkable, neighborhood-based development as an alternative to sprawl.
- A nonprofit organization that promotes ecological design, smart growth, and transportation choices in northeastern Ohio.
Historic Towns Forum
- Offers support and guidance on conservation area management, traffic and visitor management, urban regeneration and design, and other planning issues.
International Making Cities Livable
- Promotes the creation and restoration of compact, walkable, safe, mixed-use cities, towns, and neighborhoods through a continuing series of conferences.
International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture & Urbanism (INTBAU)
- Worldwide organization supporting traditional architecture, urbanism, and crafts through education and advocacy.
Local Government Commission
- A nonprofit organization working to build livable communities. Covers topics including community design, economic development, sustainable energy sources, transportation, and waste prevention.
- An international association of global cities working towards developing solutions to issues affecting large cities such as urban planning and development, the economy, the environment, transport, infrastructure and communications.
Michigan Land Use Institute
- A movement to halt sprawl and improve the economy, environment, and quality of life. Home to the Elm Street Writers Group.
Municipal Research & Services Center of Washington
- Providing city and county profiles and codes, articles on a wide range of subjects affecting municipalities, a database of state court opinions, the administrative code and statutes, directories, news, and links.
National Association of Regional Councils
- Coordinates the work of councils facilitating inter-government planning in the United States. Links to transportation, environment, publications, conferences, and to each member council.
National League of Cities
- Non-profit association of cities and state municipals leagues. Provides municipal association legislative priorities, conference information, program background and related policy statements.
Partners for Livable Communities
- Nonprofit helps to creating livable communities by promoting quality of life, economic development, and social equity.
Project for Public Spaces
- Nonprofit technical assistance, research, and educational organization whose mission is to create and sustain public places that build communities.
San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association (SPUR)
- Promotes good planning and government through research, analysis, public education, and advocacy.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to achieving a sustainable future for San Francisco.
Sustainable Communities Network
- Connects citizens with resources to implement innovative processes and programs to restore the economic, environmental, and social health and vitality of their communities.
Urban Design Group
- Provides a forum for architectural, design, and urban planning firms to address urban design issues. Includes information on members and industry news.
Urban Design Research Institute
- An independent organization dedicated to the protection of the built environment and improving urban communities through research projects, public events, and publications.
- An organization dedicated to building ecologically and socially healthy cities.
Urban Land Institute
- Nonprofit education and research institute with focus on the use of land in order to enhance the total environment. Information on urban planning, growth, and development.
Vermont Association of Planning and Development Agencies
- Organization fostering planning principles that will enhance the State's quality of life, through a combination of environmental and economic planning strategies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2014 at 11:45:07 UTC -