become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urban_and_Regional_Planning/Community_and_Economic_Development
Urban and Regional Planning
Community and Economic Development
Business: Real Estate: Development
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Development Economics
Society: Activism: Community Building
Society: Issues: Economic: Development
Society: Issues: Environment: Sustainable Development
Center for Community Economic Development
- Department of University of Wisconsin Extension creates, applies and transfers multidisciplinary knowledge to help people understand community change and identify opportunities.
CEOs for Cities
- A bipartisan, nonprofit alliance of U.S. mayors, corporate executives, university presidents and nonprofit leaders, that works with local and national policy-makers to advance the economic competitiveness of cities.
- Global association of cities and development partners works to eliminate slums through the development of new tools, practical approaches, and knowledge sharing.
- Helps public and private leadership groups develop and implement collaborative strategies for creating high-performing economic communities.
Community Development Finance Institution Fund
- A program of the United States Treasury Department. Includes funding opportunities, technical assistance, awards, and links.
Community Development Society International
- Association for community development practitioners and citizen leaders around the world.
- A starting point for citizens interested in community involvement. Includes general principles, methods, scenarios, publications, and a glossary.
Community Reinvestment Fund
- Nonprofit organization that provides access to funds for community development lenders.
Community Technology Advisors Corp.
- Leads community-wide economic development efforts by bringing community leaders together to discuss public policy, technology, and finding collaborative projects to encourage financial growth.
Economic Development Solutions, Inc.
- Dedicated to improving community and economic development programs by adapting and incorporating best practices into the initiative's operations.
Economic Opportunity Studies
- A non-profit corporation that offers training in support of organizations and projects that provide low-income families and communities with resources they need to become more self-sufficient.
Five Vital Lessons: Successful Partnerships with Business
- Guide to effective involvement of business in partnerships for local economic development and skills.
Haringey Strategic Partnership
- Aims to bring together the main public service agencies, both voluntary and community, and private sectors to work together to improve the quality of life for all who live, work in, and visit Haringey.
The ICA Group
- Provides consulting services to clients working in, or seeking to start, worker-owned and community-based businesses.
International Downtown Association
- Promotes vital and livable urban centers by providing support to business improvement districts and communities. Includes case studies and various resources for planners, developers, and business owners.
International Urban Development Association
- Encourages the exchange of information, experience, and best practices on urban development and renewal across the world. Provides an annual conference, publications, newsletters, and networking opportunities.
KEI Expert Centre Urban Renewal
- Information about urban renewal in the Netherlands, including policy, processes, organizations, and projects. [in Dutch and English]
- The National Community Development Initiative helps improve the vitality of urban neighborhoods by supporting community development corporations.
- Market research firm specializing in market analysis and economic development services for downtown revitalization projects. [requires Flash]
Napier Centre for Learning Communities
- Academic research and development activities at Edinburgh Napier University, relating to sustainable urban development, socially inclusive regeneration and lifelong learning in the community.
National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals
- Dedicated to improving community and economic development extension programs and professionals. Board and committee members, conference information, and a mailing list.
National Association of Development Organizations
- Provides training, information, networking, and representation for regional development organizations in small metropolitan and rural areas of the United States.
National Main Street Center
- Resources and information on how to preserve and revitalize historic downtowns and main streets. Part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
National Vacant Properties Campaign
- A national American campaign to prevent abandonment, redevelop vacant properties and revitalize existing communities.
Neighborhood Design Center
- A nonprofit organization founded in Baltimore, Maryland by volunteers dedicated to providing urban communities with access to professional, conceptual architectural, landscape, design and planning services.
- Information relating to a host of community-revitalization efforts from across the United States, focused on revitalizing declining neighborhoods, and supporting the development and preservation of affordable housing for low- and moderate-income families.
The Plunket Foundation
- Promotes and supports co-operatives and social enterprises in rural communities worldwide.
- Identifies and exploits opportunities for economic growth by supporting Scottish companies to compete, helping to build globally competitive sectors, attracting new investment and creating a world-class business environment.
South Carolina Association of Community Development Corporations
- State-wide trade association of non-profit, community-based development corporations within the state's economically distressed communities.
University of Illinois - Community and Economic Development
- Provides information and educational programs, and conducts research on economic and social issues that are relevant to communities and community leaders.
Western Rural Development Center
- Hopes to strengthen rural communities by facilitating development research with universities and communities.
World Bank: Urban Development
- Networks, institutes, groups, and regional infrastructure units responsible for international urban development lending and technical assistance.
Community and Economic Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 9, 2015 at 16:20:32 UTC -