the entire directory
only in Social_Sciences/Urban_and_Regional_Planning
Urban and Regional Planning
Community and Economic Development
Growth and Sprawl
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Urban Economics
Science: Social Sciences: Geography
Science: Social Sciences: Public Administration
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Urban History
Society: Issues: Housing
Society: Issues: Property Rights
This category in other languages:
- A public-interest information exchange for the urban planning and development community. Urban planning and development news, job opportunities, commentary and events.
- An online community and resource for architects, urban designers, landscape architects, planners, and scholars, with a special focus on the Islamic world.
- Advisory Team for Large Applications (ATLAS) guide to the town planning process in the UK in relation to large, complex or strategic development projects.
Big Box Reuse
- Julia Christensen studies and explores how communities reuse empty big box buildings. Case studies, articles, and presentation schedule.
Center for Land Use Interpretation
- Research organization involved in exploring, examining, and understanding land and landscape issues. It employs a variety of methods to pursue its stated aim, engaging in research, classification, extrapolation, and exhibition.
- Information on planning, conducting, and implementing results from design charettes.
- News about the world's cities and how their mayors are dealing with today's urban issues.
- Planning resource center includes a detailed resource directory, numerous message boards, a wiki, and image galleries.
Ecology of Absence
- Documents abandonment of the built environment and speculates on geographic, sociological, ecological, and architectural factors. Most examples are in St. Louis, Missouri.
Ecosystem Anthologies: Land Use
- This guide to online resources serves the information and communication needs of individuals and organizations working to protect our environment and create a sustainable future.
- Analyzes policies, conducts public dialogues, organizes conferences, and publishes works on urban issues in the European Union. In German and English.
Jobs In Planning
- Employment opportunities for planning professionals, with a focus on Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
The KunstlerCast: The Tragic Comedy of Suburban Sprawl
- A weekly podcast about suburban sprawl, the end of cheap oil and urban planning. Featuring James Howard Kunstler, author of "The Geography of Nowhere."
Land Use Law
- Includes articles, cases, ordinances, statutes, and photographs from Professor Daniel R. Mandelker of Washington University.
Legal Information Institute: Land Use Law
- An overview provided by the Cornell Law School.
The Mayors' Institute on City Design
- Works to transform mayors into advocates for good design by hosting symposiums on urban design.
- The revival of our lost art of place-making, it is essentially a re-ordering of the built environment into the form of complete towns. New Urbanism promotes the creation and restoration of compact, walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods, towns, and cities.
Observatoire de la Ville Interieure
- Collects and disseminates information on Montreal's indoor and underground city. In French and English.
- Pay site with free sections providing land use ordinances, maps, design guides, and similar services. Registration required.
- A thesaurus of modern concepts in urban development. For each there is a definition, bibliography and its source publication.
- Topical material on zoning ordinances, land use, comprehensive plans, master plans, subdivision regulation, transportation, housing, urban design, takings-property rights, and the impacts on cities and towns.
- Campaign to Protect Rural England project provides information on how citizens can influence local planning decisions.
- Government gateway to planning information throughout the UK. Provides information on plans, appeals, applications, contact details, research areas.
- UK planning portal. Includes news, employment, appeals, education, documents, consultants directory, and forum.
- Selected European planning journals, an extensive planning web guide, archives of plans, and events from the town and regional planning world.
Resource for Urban Design Information
- Multimedia resource for teaching, research, and professional activity in urban design and its related disciplines.
The Social Developer
- An examination of issues in modern urban development and its influence on the lives of urban dwellers.
Timeline of New Urbanism
- A searchable database of key events in the history of new urbanism, as well as historical influences.
- International conference series on the future of cities. Conference information, archives, foci, and networking.
Urban Environmental Management
- A grouping of urban planning researchers from around the world. It looks at urban areas as the intersection of natural, built, and socio-economic environments.
- Promotes and explores urban issues through photography.
- Urbanist message boards with areas for general and regional discussions.
Urban Planning Now
- Job postings and links to planning employers.
Urban Planning, 1794-1918
- An international anthology of primary source material for the study of how urban planning developed up to the end of World War I. Includes articles, conference papers, and reports.
- Papers on the nature of public space and profiles of progressive urban areas.
- An introduction to the concept of urbanicity.
- Provides solutions in the fields of urban development, design, architecture and new media. Explores, documents, archives, researches and intervenes in urban spaces around the world, including projects in the last ten years in Mumbai, Tokyo, New York and Bogota.
- Blog about sustainability in urban design and community development, where ideas are fleshed out, concepts are discussed, and new technologies reported on and reviewed.
User Based City
- Blog exploring the possibility of a user based city, one that is not planned from above but grows from the bottom.
Wikipedia: Urban Planning
- Encyclopedia entry covers planning's role in aesthetics, safety, transportation, suburbanization, and the environment. Includes lists of famous planners and planned communities.
- Discussions about planning, cities, and the built environment. [RSS]
- Current job postings. [RSS]
- Links to planning news, reports, and editorials in the media. [RSS]
- Automatically updated collection of syndicated planning content. [RSS]
Usenet alt.planning.urban -
Urban and Regional Planning
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 9, 2016 at 5:44:26 UTC -