become an editor
the entire directory
only in Social/People
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Social: People
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: People
SPN Professional Profiles
- Directory of over 700 social psychologists. Search by name or keywords of interest, browse by research area, or view an alphabetical list of all profiles. This is the Web's primary site for learning about social psychologists.
- Attribution theory, self-presentation, self-handicapping, overachievement (Ohio State U., USA)
- Gender, self-perception, causal attributions of performance (U. of Wisconsin-Parkside, USA)
Bizer, George Y.
- Attitudes, attitude strength, persuasion, political psychology. (Union College, NY, USA)
Blascovich, James J.
- Social psychophysiology, challenge and threat motivation, immersive virtual environments as a research tool (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
- Social attitudes, social cognition (Northwestern U., USA)
- Social cognition, intergroup relations, social identities and the self concept (Ohio State U., USA)
Collins, Nancy L.
- Close relationships, interpersonal perception, social support, health psychology (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
- Attitudes, gender, meta-analysis (Northwestern U., USA)
- Social cognition and individual differences: motivational and personality factors influencing social judgment (Oregon State U., USA)
Gardner, Wendi L.
- Physiological and social psychological investigation of evaluative and emotional processes (Northwestern U., USA)
- Prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination; intergroup conflict and hate crime; unconscious affect and cognition; political decision making and behavior; political ideology (U. of California, Berkeley, USA)
- Judgement and decision making, mathematical modeling of group processes (U. of Michigan, USA)
Greenwald, Anthony G.
- Implicit social cognition, unconscious cognition, the self, research methodology attitudes and social cognition (U. of Washington, USA)
- Social cognition, stereotypes, person perception, attribution processes (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
Higgins, N. C.
- Optimism, coping, attribution theory, risk perception, aggression, helping behaviour (St. Thomas U., Canada)
Kirby, Leslie D.
- Task engagement, psychophysiology of emotions, motivation and emotion, appraisal theories of emotion (Vanderbilt U., USA)
Klauer, Karl Christoph
- Social cognition, cognitive psychology, research methods (Bonn U., Germany)
Klein, Stanley B.
- Social cognition, mental representation of self, person memory (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
- Conversational hand gestures, communication and cognition, language and emotions, social representations in language and cognition (Columbia U., USA)
Lips, Hilary M.
- Gender and women's issues. (Radford U., USA)
Mackie, Diane M.
- Persuasion, social influence, affect, intergroup processes, social perception (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
Major, Brenda N.
- Prejudice and self-esteem, coping with stress, legitimacy (UC Santa Barbara, USA)
Markman, Keith D.
- Motivated social cognition, social judgment and decision-making, counterfactual thinking (Ohio U., USA)
- social psychology, evolutionary psychology, and environmental psychology (Knox College, USA)
McConnell, Allen R.
- Forming impressions of social entities, self-concept representation, counterfactual thinking (Miami U., Ohio, USA)
Nelson, Todd D.
- Stereotyping and prejudice, counterfactual thinking, attitudes, prosocial behavior, and self-regulation (California State U., USA)
Olson, Michael A
- Social cognition, attitudes, racial prejudice, and evolutionary psychology (U. of Tennessee, USA)
- Situational and individual difference factors responsible for changes in beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors (Ohio State U., USA)
- Prejudice and discrimination, decision making, the human use of animals and the environment (Wesleyan U., USA)
- Neural network models of reasoning and behavior, use of interactive media for studying and changing risky social behavior (U. of Southern California, USA)
- Social cognition, impression formation and attribution process, prejudice toward people with AIDS/HIV (Illinois State U., USA)
- Stereotyping and prejudice in communication (Tulane U., USA)
Shaw, Jerry I.
- Information search and impression formation, psychology and law, jury training, attribution of causality, homophobia, centrality preferences in choice behavior (California State U., USA)
Sherman, Richard C.
- social cognition, processes underlying online self-presentation (Miami U., Ohio, USA)
- Social psychology and personality, coherence and perception of personality, social cognition, computational modeling of personality processes, health and coping behavior (U. of Washington, USA)
Smith, Eliot R.
- Social cognition, past experiences and social judgments, role of emotions in prejudice and intergroup relations, connectionist models in social psychology (Indiana U., USA)
- Accountability, evaluations of judgments, political psychology (U. of California, USA)
- The role of intentions and culture in cognitive processes (New York U., USA)
- Cognitive and motivational influences on social perception processes (Ohio State U., USA)
Williams, Lawrence E. (U. of Colorado)
- Research interests include nonconscious goals in everyday life, emotion regulation, enjoyment of aversive forms of entertainment, automatic self-control (U. of Colorado).
- Affect and cognition, categorization and awareness in social judgment, conversational processes in social judgment (U. of California San Diego, USA)
Zarate, Michael A.
- Cognitive processes underlying social categorization, prejudice, and stereotyping (U. of Texas at El Paso, USA)
- Prisons, time, shyness, madness, violence and evil, persuasion, dissonance, hypnosis, teaching (Stanford U., USA)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2013 at 6:24:04 UTC -