become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sensation_and_Perception/Synaesthesia
Sensation and Perception
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Neurology
This category in other languages:
American Synesthesia Association
- Arranges meetings and provides means for the people who experience and/or study synesthesia to be in contact with each other.
Dr. Hugo Heyrman: Museums of the Mind
- Exploring the art and mind connection: sources on Synaesthesia and the Arts, research on the future of the senses. Homepage of the Belgian Synaesthesia Association.
- Cassidy Curtis describes how his colored letters and words look to him.
- Information of about different types of synesthesia, a message board for synesthetes, a survey and an event calendar.
Retroglobe - Synaesthesia
- Christian Liljeberg's description of his colored numbers, letters and time units.
Spectrum Family Medicine
- Elizabeth A. Pector describes her synesthesia.
- A compilation of information from the internet and traditional sources. Includes explanations of the different types of perception.
- A few articles about synesthesia. A part of Webcam.org's "Synthetic Synesthesia" section.
- Ariannel describes her synesthesia and shares her thoughts on the subject.
Synesthesia: Richard Cytowic, MD
- Pioneering neurologist and author Richard Cytowic, MD explains brain basis of colored hearing and other "joined senses."
The Synesthetic Experience
- Factual information, individual anecdotes, and interactive activities which simulate synesthesia.
Psychic Powers May be a Quirk of the Brain
- Article in Medical Study News about research showing that psychic powers that enable people to see auras might be synaesthesia. (October 18, 2004)
Truly Feeling Blue
- Article in The Scotsman about an author who has based a book upon her daughter's synaesthesia. (October 29, 2002)
Kaleidescope Eyes: The Secrets Of A Novel Gift
- Article in ScienceDaily Magazine about research on synaesthesia at the University of Melbourne, Australia. (April 16, 2002)
Catalyst - Synaesthesia
- Transcript from the Australian science program Catalyst about synaesthesia. (April 11, 2002)
Gamers Set for Sensory Overload
- An article from the BBC about a video game, inspired by the artist Kandinsky, aiming to stimulate the senses. (March 01, 2002)
CBS News - 60 Minutes: A Sixth Sense
- An article about the TV show. Synaesthetes tell us about their experiences. There is also a video clip where synaesthete Carol Crane describes what music feels like. (January 14, 2002)
A Reason we Call our Cheddar 'Sharp' and Shirts 'Loud'
- Article from the New York Times. (April 10, 2001)
Everyday Fantasia: The World of Synesthesia
- Article by Siri Carpenter in Monitor of Psychology. Researchers are coming closer to understanding what drives synesthesia. (March 01, 2001)
For Some, Pain is Orange
- Article in Smithsonian Magazine. (February 01, 2001)
Do You See What They See?
- An article in Discover Magazine by Brad Lemley about synesthesia. (December 01, 1999)
The Strange World of Synesthesia
- An article by CNN about synesthesia. (November 25, 1995)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2016 at 5:05:10 UTC -