become an editor
the entire directory
only in Psychology/Sensation_and_Perception
Sensation and Perception
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Sensation and Perception
Experiments and Labs
Games: Puzzles: Brain Teasers: Optical Illusions
This category in other languages:
- A multimedia museum of optical and sensory illusions, with on-line demonstrations and explanations.
The Blanking Phenomenon and its Psychoanatomical Implications
- J J McAnany and M W Levine of the Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago provides information on this visual illusion. [PDF]
The Manifold of Sense
- A survey of the discourse regarding emotions, sensations, and an attempt at producing an integrative approach to sensation and perception.
- A family-friendly collection of tactile illusions, mental deceptions, optical tricks, brain puzzlers, and feeling games to play on the self.
- Neuroscience and psychology tricks discussed and perhaps explained. Companion site to the "Mind Hacks" book by Tom Stafford and Matt Webb.
The Moon Illusion Explained
- A relatively new theory is offered for the classic illusion that the moon's constant subtended visual angle of half a degree appears larger for the horizon moon than for the zenith moon.
Neuhoff, John - Auditory Perception Research
- Electronic reprints of relevant publications on pitch, loudness, localization, and auditory display. (College of Wooster, USA)
The Noh Mask Effect
- Demonstrates illusory facial expression perception with Japanese Noh masks. Links to publications about the effect.
Optical Illusions by Psych ARTS
- We think we perceive objective reality, but perception is always altered by invisible biases. We are never free of the state-dependent bias, and so we are continually taken in by an illusion.
The Poggendorff Illusion
- A study attributing the illusion to summed effects of cardinal axes in the observer's field of view and of salient axes in the figures.
Sensation and Perception Tutorials
- A small collection of tutorials and demonstrations in sensation and perception.
Some Visual Illusions
- This site shows a range of common visual illusions along with a brief explanation of why they occur. It was originally prepared to show at a children's primary school as part of their study of sensory processing.
Visual Science Group: University of Helsinki
- Research at the Department of Psychology, is focused on human visual processing using psychophysical methods.
- Matthew Luckiesh's book of this title, published in 1922, was the first scientific explanation of optical illusions to be published.
Sensation and Perception
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:13:38 PM EDT -