become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurotheology/People
Psychology and Religion
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Psychology and Religion: Neurotheology: People
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Psychology and Religion: People
- Anthropologist, professor, author of the book "Religion Explained", and proponent of the theory that the human mind is predisposed to hold and spread certain types of religious beliefs (Washington University, St. Louis, USA).
- 20th century scientist and thinker, author of "The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind", who believed that religion is a throwback to pre-conscious bicamerality.
McKinney, Laurence O.
- Author of the book "Neurotheology: Virtual Religion in the 21st Century", and possibly the originator of the term.
- Leading neurotheology researcher who conducted famous neuroimaging studies on monks; collaborator with Dr. Eugene d’Aquili; author of "Mystical Mind" and "Why God Won't Go Away".
- Gustavo Rol and his followers conceive of neurotheology as a "Science capable of showing us that, when man's neuronal system is oriented in a certain direction and manner, it can open the doors to all mysteries".
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:55:52 PM EST -