become an editor
the entire directory
only in Psychology_and_Religion/Christian_Integration
Psychology and Religion
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Psychology and Religion: Christian Integration
Science: Science in Society: Science and Religion: Christianity and Science
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Theology
- A contemporary and historical survey of Christian understandings of the nature of human beings, by Matthew Cohn. Includes list of relevant key works that are not yet translated into English.
Christian Psychology - Narramore Christian Foundation
- Christian psychology and mental health organization, offering counseling training programs and missionary renewal seminars. Includes large collection of popular articles by Bruce and Clyde Narramore.
Christian Psychology: Is Something Missing?
- Essay by Rich Milne taking an overview of Larry Crabb's book "Connecting". Crabb, a leading proponent of the Christian psychology movement, here questions whether the church has become over-reliant on the use of trained counselors.
Faith and Therapy
- Article by William Kilpatrick denouncing the blending of Christian faith and practice with the therapeutic practices of self-help and building self-esteem. Originally published in First Things 90:21-26 (February 1999).
Introduction to Psychoheresy Awareness Ministries
- PAM is a ministry to inform and educate Christians about psychoheresy. Psychoheresy is the integration of secular psychological counseling theories and therapies with the Bible
Pop Psychology Myths
- Kerby Anderson's disposal of five self-help myths in the light of Biblical teaching.
Psychology Debunked: Revealing the Overcoming Life
- Anti-integration book by former psychotherapist Lisa Bazler and Ryan Bazler. Table of contents, ordering information, short author biographies, and reader reviews.
Resources on Psychology and Religion
- Offers David Myers' articles and books relating psychological science and religion.
The Bible and Psychology
- Essay by John Stoll considering what psychological insights the Bible can offer into the emotional needs of humans and their fulfilment in relation to Christian maturity. Includes a specific analysis of Philippians.
When Worldviews Collide
- Armand Nicholi's comparison of the conflicting worldviews of C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud.
Can Psychology Help a Church in Crisis?
- APA Monitor article explaining how psychologists can help in combating sexual impropriety and other problems in the church. (June 01, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 8, 2008 8:54:16 AM EST -