become an editor
the entire directory
only in Industrial_and_Organizational/Human_Factors_and_Ergonomics
Industrial and Organizational
Human Factors and Ergonomics
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Industrial and Organizational: Human Factors and Ergonomics
Educational Programs and Laboratories
Arts: Design: Industrial
Health: Occupational Health and Safety: Ergonomics
Science: Technology: Safety Engineering
Bad Human Factors Designs
- A scrapbook of illustrated examples of things that are hard to use because they do not follow human factors principles.
Do it by Design: An Introduction to Human Factors in Medical Devices
- US FDA Publication, by Dick Sawyer, Office of Health and Industry Programs.
Ergonomics and the Alexander Technique
- An interview with ergonomist Joyce Stenstrom about how ergonomics relates to the Alexander Technique as a field of study and as a profession.
Examples of Human Factors/Ergonomics in Design
- An illustrated collection of Human Factors/Ergonomics in design. Examples include room numbers, nuclear power plant control rooms, aircraft warnings, sidewalks, aircraft instruments.
FAA Research Development & Human Factors Laboratory (RDHFL)
- The Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Research Development and Human Factors Laboratory (RDHFL), located at the William J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is a state-of-the-art research facility designed specifically to support research in aviation human factors. Information on facilities and equipment and virtual reality research.
Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance and Inspection
- From the Federal Aviation Administration Office of Aviation Medicine. Documents, research and development, training, job aids, and conference information.
Musculoskeletal Disorders and the Workplace
- National Academy Press publication (2001) available on-line for search, review or ordering.
NASA: Human Factors Research and Technology Division
- NASA's Human Factors Research and Technology Division supports human-centered design in complex aerospace information systems using experiments and models of human capabilities and human-machine interaction to enhance system safety, reliability and performance. Current projects, reports, history and organization.
Passivity in the Workplace
- Passive thinking finds no safe place in the workplace, especially among professional decision makers. An article by Michael Gaspard.
The Board of Certified Professional Ergonomists
- Information regarding credentialing in Ergonomics including the requirements for certification, contact information, upcoming exams, application kit and a search feature to locate CPE/CHFP, CEA and AEP/AHFP professionals by name, state, expertise and products.
To Err Is Human
- On-line access to Institute of Medicine publication "To Err is Human, Building a Safety Health System" (2000).
Human Factors and Ergonomics
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, May 24, 2010 8:03:30 PM EDT -