become an editor
the entire directory
only in Psychology/Evolutionary_Psychology
Computers: Artificial Life
Science: Biology: Evolution
Science: Biology: Sociobiology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Animal Behavior
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
The Dance of Consciousness
- In an audio interview, neuroscientist Walter J. Freeman discusses his view that consciousness springs from action.
Daniel J. Kruger: Evolutionary Psychology
- This Research Fellow at the University of Michigan provides an online version of his work "What is Evolutionary Psychology?" published 2002.
Darwin Wars: The Scientific Battle for the Soul of Man
- Information about and from Andrew Brown's book on current debates between the Dawkinsians and the Gouldians over Dawkins' concept of the "selfish gene" and related matters.
The Descent of Man
- Covers the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's four-part radio series on neo-Darwinism.
The Evolution and Human Adaptation Program
- Work by faculty and students at the University of Michigan in the area of evolution and human behavior, including work relevant to Darwinian medicine.
The Evolutionary Development of Life Forms
- Grand unification theory covering psychology, religion, politics, economics, and personal relationships.
- A comprehensive evolutionary psychology must be able to deal with our future psychological evolution as well as our past. This paper begins the extension of evolutionary psychology to our future evolution.
- Provides a concise definition of the field with links to related topics.
Evolutionary Psychology Challenges the Current Social Sciences
- Article by J Raymond Zimmer describing evolutionary psychology and the challenge it poses to traditional social science, and then discussing opportunities evolutionary psychology opens for Christian apologetics.
The Evolutionary Psychology FAQ
- Answers to frequently asked questions about evolutionary psychology.
Evolutionary Psychology Primer by Leda Cosmides and John Tooby
- An invaluable primer written by two of the founders of the field.
Evolutionary Psychology: An Emerging Integrative Perspective within the Science and Practice of Psychology
- An article on the theory and implications of this theory by Leif Edward Ottesen Kennair.
The Foundation for Humanity's Adulthood - FHA
- Biological explanation of human nature, specifically biological exploration of the human condition, humans' capacity for good and evil.
- Audio interview with the visiting scholar at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, author of 'Born to Rebel'.
Frans de Waal
- An audio interview with the primatologist and author.
The Future of Human Evolution
- Paper by nick Bostrom exploring some dystopian scenarios where evolutionary developments, while continuing to produce complex and intelligent forms of organization, lead to the gradual elimination of all forms of being that we care about.
Genetics, Ethics and Theology
- Audio resources on genetics, ethics and theology.
The Great Debate: Evolution, Human Nature and Autonomy
- Web site of the debate between Sue Scott, Kenan Malik, Rita Carter and Christopher Badcock. There are useful links and contact information.
Handbook of Human Symbolic Evolution
- Written by Charles R. Peters of Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
- The hidden subconscious of an individual. Humans can display the reason for psychic perceptions or physical conditions and are able to adapt to those conditions at an early stage.
Identifying the accident prone
- Your personality could determine how likely you are to be involved in an accident, say researchers.
The Imagined World Made Real
- Tom Dickins looks at Henry Plotkin's view on the natural science of culture.
In Search of Human Origins: Classroom Ideas
- Lesson Plans Introduce evolution, classify species, and write quizzes about early humans to get a better understanding of human origins.
- An audio interview with the author, physiologist, evolutionary biologist and biogeographer.
- Audio interview with an expert on visual perception.
Molwick: The EDI Study
- Statistical research of the hereditary nature of intelligence with IQ data source. Evidence of evolution supporting the Global Cognitive Theory.
- Audio discussion featuring Dean Hamer.
NPR - Focus on Ordinary Behavior
- Radio interview with the founder of "The Journal of Mundane Behavior."
The Origin of Language Debate - UsingEnglish.com
- Some thoughts on the 'origin of language' debate, and the arguments put forward by Steels and MacWhinney, in contrast to those put forward by Chomsky and Pinker.
The original 'rock music'
- Many Stone Age relics lying in our museums might not simply be tools but could also be musical instruments.
- Audio interview with the historical sociologist and Professor at Harvard University. He won the 1991 National Book Award for Freedom in the Making of Western Culture, appears regularly in The New York Times, Newsweek, and The New Republic. He also served as special adviser for social policy and development to Jamaican Prime Minister Michael Manley during the 1970's, was on the faculty at the London School of Economics, and has published three novels.
Pinker on 'The Language Instinct'
- NPR audio interview originally broadcast on Fresh Air.
Psychology, Culture, and Evolution
- Speculations on the Psychology of Paleolithic Graphics, links to cultural-historical psychology, and links to articles about the evolution of brain, consciousness, language, and sociality.
Research Group on Evolution and Higher Cognition
- Center at Rutgers University provides faculty profiles, information on courses and conferences. Also offers an archive of papers.
- Audio interview with the Professor of Biological Anthropology at Harvard University. His book 'Demonic Males' popularized ideas he has developed in scholarly research focused on the influence of ecology on the evolution of primate social behavior.
Secrets of the brain
- The organ of thought is the subject of a major new BBC television series 'Brain Story'.
Sex, Drugs, and Cults
- An evolutionary perspective on sex, drugs, cults, religions, and ideologies by H. Keith Henson, including a hair-raising account of the author's encounters with the scientiology cult.
- Audio conversations with the noted primatologist.
Theory of Sexual Selection: The Human Mind and the Peacock’s Tale
- Essay by Caspar Hewett on sexual selection in peacocks and its relevance to the human mind.
Turning the Tables on the Tabula Rasa By David P. Barash
- A detailed commentary on The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature by Steven Pinker.
Unlocking the brain's potential
- Scientists think they have identified the part of the brain, which if switched off, can stimulate artistic genius, a BBC documentary shows.
What makes a good rumour?
- A rumour spread by a small radio station saw UK motorists trying to beat a phantom fuel blockade. What makes a rumour so successful?
When babies 'see'
- Babies start to see complex objects in the same way as adults at the age of seven months, according to new research.
- NPR interview with Steven Pinker on the discovery of the first gene linked to speech and language. (August 15, 2002)
No Nobels, One Failure, a Few Regrets - How did the Genius Sperm-bank Donors Turn Out?
- The story of The Repository for Germinal Choice as told by David Plotz in Slate magazine. (March 30, 2001)
Scientists 'Locate' Intelligence
- British and German scientists believe they have identified the specific area of the human brain responsible for intelligence.ˇ= (July 21, 2000)
Women's Choice of Men Goes in Cycles
- The BBC reports that women are attracted to more hunky men at the most fertile time of their menstrual cycle - this may be part of an evolutionary explanation of infidelity. (June 24, 1999)
Usenet alt.memetics -
Usenet sci.anthropology -
Usenet sci.bio.ethology -
Usenet sci.bio.evolution -
Usenet sci.psychology.consciousness -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2015 at 13:35:03 UTC -