become an editor
the entire directory
only in Political_Philosophers/Strauss,_Leo
Science: Social Sciences: Political Science: Political Philosophy: Political Philosophers: Bloom, Allan
Society: Politics: Conservatism
This category in other languages:
- A short biography of Leo Strauss by David McBryde, Sydney, Australia
- Biography, ideas, bibliography and references on the American philosopher in the free encyclopedia.
Leo Strauss and the Grand Inquisitor
- Article by Shadia B. Drury in the online publication of the Council for Secular Humanism.
Leo Strauss and the Noble Lie : The Neo-Cons at War
- Article by John G. Mason in Logos (Spring 2004).
Leo Strauss and the Rhetoric of the War on Terror
- Article by Nicholas Xenos in Logos Journal (Spring 2004).
Leo Strauss and the Straussians
- An article relaying the advance of Straussian thinkers in political science, the impact of Allan Bloom, and contrasts between the approaches of Strauss and Bloom by Gregory Bruce Smith. [login required]
Leo Strauss: What Is Liberal Education?
- A 1959 commencement address discussing the nature and challenges of liberal education.
What was Leo Strauss up to ?
- Article by Steven Lenzner and William Kristol in The Public Interest (no. 153, Fall 2003). [PDF]
Yahoo! Groups: Leo-Strauss
- A forum for thoughtful discussion of the ideas and works of Leo Strauss.
Yahoo! Groups: strauss-reading
- A reading list intended for slow readings of particular works by Leo Strauss, sponsored by The Free Lance Academy.
Leo Strauss and Intelligence Strategy
- Article presenting a short analysis of the philosopher's teaching by Tom Barry in Right Web. (February 12, 2004)
Noble lies and perpetual war: Leo Strauss, the neocons, and Iraq
- Do the philosopher's ideas have a real influence on Bush administration’s world outlook ? Danny Postel interviews Shadia Drury in openDemocracy. (October 16, 2003)
Leo Strauss' Philosophy of Deception
- Article presenting the philosopher's supposed influence on neoconservative politics in the U.S.A. by Jim Lobe on AlterNet. (May 19, 2003)
Leo Strauss, Fascist Godfather of the Neo-Cons
- Article presenting a critical position about the philosopher's supposed influence on rightist and conservative political movements in the U.S.A. by Jeffrey Steinberg in Executive Intelligence Review. (March 21, 2003)
Natural Right and History
- Schedule and background of two conferences on the fiftieth anniversary of Strauss' most popular work, at the University of Chicago and Michigan State University. (April 20, 2001)
Usenet talk.philosophy.misc -
Usenet talk.politics.theory -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 6:05:09 UTC -