become an editor
the entire directory
only in Political_Science/Political_Philosophy
International Relations Theory
Society: Issues: Policy Institutes
Society: Politics: Democracy
This category in other languages:
- Provides political news, commentary and articles with a Christian slant.
- Topics discussed include Aristotle's politics, pros and cons of Christian Democracy, the practical possibility of theocracy.
The Chains of the Consitution
- Essay exploring the history of American constitutionalism.
- Philosophical survey of the idea that government should be limited in its powers by law; from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Wil Waluchow.
- Survey of social and political equality; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Stefan Gosepath.
Foundations of Political Theory
- Organized section of the American Political Science Association promoting research, teaching, and professional development. News, publications, and awards.
The Green Book
- Political, Economic and Social basis of the 'Third Universal Theory' in the three parts of The Green Book, the philosophy of Muammar Al Qathafi.
Hierarchic Democracy and the Necessity of Mass Civil Disobedience
- Ted Honderich on how gross differentials in economic power, and hence political power, make a mockery of conventional assumptions about "liberal democracy", as practiced in the United States and Britain.
How to Make Russia a Normal Country
- Publication by Matthew Maly on Russian transition to democracy and market economy. Bio, resume, articles and books.
Identities: How Governed, Who Pays?
- Serialized amateur study of group identity politics, social conflict, and political philosophy in history by H.B. Paksoy.
An Ideological Division
- Offering non-traditional definitions of conservatism, liberalism, libertarianism, socialism, and the role of the moderate
The Nature of Pure Democracy
- The nature and significance of the appearance of democracy in a civilization.
- Attempts to summarise neoliberalism as a philosophy, not simply as economics.
- The many principles of equality foisted on egalitarianism, and their worth by Prof. Ted Honderich.
- All the major political systems explained, from anarchy through capitalism and socialism to theocracy.
Political Theory Daily Review
- A portal weblog on political theory and philosophy, updated every weekday. Links to articles and essays that can be read free of charge and that are relevant to the field of political theory, broadly conceived to cover a wide range of subjects, perspectives, and methodologies. There are also several supporting pages that serve as guides for resources found online.
- Political blog including religious thought, current affairs and more.
- About the philosophical basis of the Radical Middle movement. Manifesto, papers, and links.
- Narrative essay advocating individual freedom, supply-side economics, capitalism, the right to work and other features of the American system.
School of Cooperative Individualism
- A website introducing visitors to the socio-political philosophy of cooperative individualism, as espoused by champions of individual liberty Thomas Paine, Henry George and others of like mind. The website also includes an internal search engine and extensive library of reference materials, readings, links to other websites and a discussion forum.
Serendipity: Liberty and Democracy
- John Stuart Mill's essay On Liberty,other articles deaing with liberty, freedom and democracy.
- Modern notion of political authority of supreme authority within a territory; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Dan Philpott.
TYSK - The Philosophy of Government Department
- Links to articles and essays on the formulation of the U.S. government from an "original intent" perspective.
Where are the Meek?
- Essay by Barry Lenoardini suggesting a less mechanized approach to the pursuit of one's life. Author, table of contents and introduction.
Usenet talk.politics.theory -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 2, 2013 at 1:19:34 UTC -