become an editor
the entire directory
only in Political_Science/Data_Resources
Science: Social Sciences: Methodology
Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research
- Provides access to a collection of downloadable data. While some data is only available to individuals from member institutions, a collection of criminal justice data, election data, and data from the General Social Surveys is available to the public from this site.
Comparative Candidate Survey
- A co-operative comparative study that surveys candidates standing for office in national legislative elections with a common questionnaire.
Constituency-Level Elections Archive (CLEA)
- A repository of detailed results at a constituency level for the lower house legislative elections that have been conducted around the world.
Correlates of War (COW) Project
- Site features a variety of data sets to study and explore the conditions associated with the outbreak of war and militarized disputes.
Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)
- A large amount of social sciences data relating to the Netherlands from 1962 to the present.
The Democracy Ranking of the Quality of Democracy
- An annual ranking of all democracies (country-based democracies) in the world by focusing on the quality of democracy in an international perspective.
- Provides access to a rich dataset of constituency election results from over 80 countries around the world
- EUGene serves as a data management tool for creating data sets for use in the quantitative analysis of international relations; with the country-year, directed-dyad-year, and directed-dispute-dyad-year as the unit of analysis.
European Decision Makers Survey
- The Eurobarometer has been engaged in the field of public opinion measurement for over twenty years, surveying both the general public and special target groups as needed by the different services of the Commission.
European Election Database
- Provides data from parliamentary, presidential, and European Parliament elections.
European Social Survey (ESS)
- Academically-driven social survey designed to chart and explain the interaction between Europe's changing institutions and the attitudes, beliefs and behaviour patterns of its diverse populations.
European Values Study
- A large-scale, cross-national, and longitudinal survey research program on basic human values. It provides insights into the ideas, beliefs, preferences, attitudes, values and opinions of citizens all over Europe.
General Social Survey
- Provides access to questionnaires, codebooks and downloadable datasets regarding the structure and development of the American society.
- An infrastructural association which supplies fundamental social science services on a national and international level, both in terms of theory and practice. GESIS maintains multiple national as well as international co-operations.
International Relations Data Page
- Site lists international and domestic resources for data sets. Data subjects range from conflict and cooperation to environmental topics.
Lijphart Election Archive
- A research collection of district level election results and statistics for approximately 350 national legislative elections in 26 countries. Catalog and some online datasets, plus project history, reviews, publications, and links. Housed at the University of California, San Diego.
The Manifesto Project
- Quantitative content analyses of parties’ election programs from more than 50 countries covering all free, democratic elections since 1945.
Minorities at Risk
- Independent, university-based research project that monitors and analyzes the status and conflicts of politically-active communal groups. Includes both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Contains data on elections and governments for all EU and most OECD members from 1945 until today.
Penn World Tables 5.6
- Computing in the Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS), University of Toronto. Economic Resources.
- Collaborative project funded by the European Union. It provides access to five data sets from the pilot study conducted in the context of the 2009 elections to the European parliament.
Quality of Government Data
- Provides data on the causes, consequences and nature of Good Governance.
UC-San Diego Social Science Data Services
- Social science data online: conflict, aggression, violence and wars; study descriptions and numeric data.
UK Data Service
- Point of access to a wide range of secondary data including large-scale government surveys, international macrodata, business microdata, qualitative studies and census data from 1971 to 2011.
- Description the status of refugee populations, government policies on refugees, and current UNHCR activities in different countries and continents. Includes yearbook with PDF extracts, reports and charts on asylum trends, and special reports.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2016 at 8:19:08 UTC -