the entire directory
only in Social_Sciences/Methodology
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Methodology
Business: Management: Management Science
Science: Methods and Techniques
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Computational Linguistics
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Research Methods
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Science: Social Science
This category in other languages:
The Bell Curve: Anatomy of an Analysis
- The interpretations proffered in Herrnstein and Murray's book, "The Bell Curve", are not supported by reanalysis of their data.
Center for Sociocybernetics Studies, Bonn
- Sociocybernetics is the application of systems thinking and cybernetic principles in sociology and other social sciences in order to analyse social phenomena regarding their complexity and dynamics.
Cross-impact Balance Analysis
- CIB is a highly flexible cross-impact method used in scenario analysis to analyse the interactions of events, trends, or states in social systems. In English and German.
Enquire Within and the Repertory Grid Interview
- Construct systems may be conceived of as multi-dimensional mathematical models in which the person's own language is used to classify his or her experience - a presentation of Kelly's personal construct theory
- A critical analysis of the theoretical foundations of Korzybski's general semantics featuring many papers, commentary, and discussions.
Latent Semantic Analysis
- A mathematical/statistical technique for extracting and representing the similarity of meaning of words and passages by analysis of large bodies of text.
Max Weber's Approach to Objectivity in Social Science
- This essay, by Steve Hoenisch, seeks to shed light on Weber's view of the applicability of objectivity by attempting to answer the overarching question that sits at the foundation of his approach: Was Weber an advocate of value-free social science?
Measuring Paradoxical Reality
- An alternative way to assess subject condition in social sciences.
META Magazine Research
- Research about methods and techniques on problem solving, acquiring knowledge, classification of information, education, and positive creative management skills.
Qualitative and Quantitative Research: Conjunctions and Divergences
- Discusses the logic of relating qualitative and quantitative methods, different approaches for inter-relating them, and innovative applications of methodological inter-relation.
Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research
- Links to free resources for methods in social science research.
RM Institute - Research Methods Knowledge
- The knowledge base of social science research methods. It focuses on measurements and modeling issues.
Semac -- Semantic Analysis Software
- The concept of semantic activity that is claimed to proceed as well from single words as from word co-occurrences. This equalization rests upon graph theory.
Social Science Research Resources
- by Craig McKie.
- A Web Quest on the classic experiment, as well as other research methods: naturalistic observation, questionnaire survey, and correlational research. Designed by Bernard Schuster.
United Kingdom Evaluation Society
- Member of the Academy of Social Sciences. Describes goals, membership, activities and upcoming events. Located in Hertfordshire.
- Vytvorology, which is an exact science of human processes, offers new, acute and reliable research possibilities in this field of human and social processes.
The Web Center for Social Research Methods
- Resources for applied social research and evaluation including a complete online research methods text, course resources, and researcher tools.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 14, 2013 at 13:14:56 UTC -