become an editor
the entire directory
only in Linguistics/Semantics
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Semantics
Semantics and Pragmatics
Semantics of Logic
Science: Math: Logic and Foundations
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Language: Analysis
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Language: Meaning
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Logic
This category in other languages:
Approaching Natural Language Via Mediaeval Logic
- Article by Gyula Klima.
Comparison of inflection and derivation
- Compares and contrasts the similarities and differences between inflection and derivation.
Concepts in the Lexicon
- Report by John F. Sowa, discussing the role of the lexicon in conceptual knowledge.
The Formal Approach to Meaning
- Short survey of semantics of natural language by Barbara Abbott, at University of Michigan. Focuses upon Montague semantics, and tries to give a feel for the main open problems in the field.
Logical Form in Linguistics
- Entry in the MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Sciences, by Robert May.
Research Group Communicative Understanding
- Explains pragmatic implication based on Grice's theory of implicit communication and presupposition.
- Scholarly research paper exchange for language semanticists. Browseable by author or date; submission and update forms, users guide.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 18, 2013 5:15:09 AM EDT -