become an editor
the entire directory
only in Linguistics/Professional_Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Professional Organizations
Computer Assisted Language Learning
Science: Organizations: Associations
Science: Social Sciences: Communication: Organizations
Science: Social Sciences: Organizations
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Cognitive: Associations
This category in other languages:
African Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX)
- Information on membership, conferences and activities, dictionaries by members, newsletters and a mailing list
Australasian Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX)
- Includes dictionaries, conferences, members and subscription information.
Australian Linguistic Society
- National organization for linguistics and linguists in Australia. Covers membership information, proceedings of previous conferences, and information on awards and scholarships.
The Berkeley Linguistics Society
- A graduate student-run organization at the University of California, Berkeley dedicated to sponsoring an annual conference and publishing the proceedings. The site lists programs of previous conferences.
Canadian Linguistic Association
- Organizes a yearly conference on linguistics. The site presents programs and online proceedings of previous years' conferences as well as membership information.
The Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB)
- Presents news, membership information, conferences and events calendar of the Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain.
The Chicago Linguistic Society
- Oldest student-run linguistic society in the US. Holds an annual, peer-reviewed, international conference in early Spring where linguists from all around the world present and discuss their work. Also publishes a volume of proceedings each year on papers presented in the conference. The site offers a list of previous years' conference programs and some of the online proceedings.
European Association for Lexicography (Euralex)
- Provides information on membership, conferences, award, newsletter, personnel, bookshop, journals, calendar of events and mailing list.
- Promoting research of Uralic and Altaic languages. Brief overview, list of publications and contact information.
Institute of Linguists
- Professional credentialing body and member organization for linguists, translators and interpreters in the United Kingdom. Linguist database, magazine, forum, and global language news.
International Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA)
- The international organising body for the Systemic community. Its main function is the organisation of the International Systemic-Functional Congress ISFC (Annual Congress).
Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics
- Encourages research in a variety of theoretical framework. Conferences, proceedings, minutes, financial report and officers.
Linguistic Society of America
- Membership information, member email list, constitution, and a directory of programs in linguistics in the United States and Canada.
Linguistics Association of Great Britain
- Covers membership information and provides resources on linguistics in Great Britain. Also includes information on its annual conference.
Modern Language Association
- A not-for-profit membership organization that promotes the study and teaching of language and literature.
Society for Germanic Linguistics
- Founded in 1968 to serve scholars teaching and researching in Germanic Linguistics and Philology. Journal of Germanic Linguistics, newsletter, and conference updates.
Student Organization of Linguistics in Europe
- Organizes a yearly conference for students of linguistics worldwide, aiming to provide a forum for the coming generations of linguistics to present independent research to an international audience. Also publishes a yearly volume of proceedings, which are available online for download as of year 2000.
Women in German Studies
- Professional support for female Germanists (lecturers, translators, tutors, editors, and writers) in Great Britain and Ireland. Mission statement, membership information, event announcements, links.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2013 at 6:45:09 UTC -