become an editor
the entire directory
only in Linguistics/Onomastics
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Onomastics
Names of God
This category in other languages:
American Name Society
- Promote onomastics, the study of names and naming practices, both in the United States and abroad. Seeks to find out what really is in a name, and to investigate cultural insights, settlement history, and linguistic characteristics revealed in names. Membership and publication information.
- An academic journal. Among the subjects it covers, onomastic studies.
Behind the Name
- The meaning and history of first names.
International Council of Onomastic Sciences (ICOS)
- International organization of all scholars who have a special interest in the study of names. The aim of the Council is the advancement, representation and co-ordination of name research on an international level and in an interdisciplinary context.
Lexicon of Greek Personal Names
- This project is part of Oxford University, under the aegis of the Board of Literae Humaniores. The purpose is to collect and publish with documentation all known ancient Greek personal names (including non-Greek names recorded in Greek, and Greek names in Latin).
- Geographic and onomastic Encyclopedia of the United States and reference information. Lists proper names as surnames and placenames.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 7, 2011 at 22:33:56 UTC -