become an editor
the entire directory
only in Uralic/Finnish
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Uralic: Finnish
Books and Instructional Materials
Regional: Europe: Finland: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Finno-Ugric: Finnic: Finnish
This category in other languages:
An Electronic Corpus of Ingrian Finnish
- On-line corpus of spoken Ingrian Finnish. Includes transcriptions and sound samples.
An Introduction to "Finglish"
- A survey of "Finglish", the form of English spoken by Finnish immigrants to the USA and heavily contaminated by their native tongue (by Jenni Tuominen).
Employment of Foreigners Hampered by Language Barriers and Attitudes
- by Vellamo Vehkakoski. Helsingin Sanomat article describing language acquisition as an obstacle for foreigners seeking jobs in Finland.
Finnish Grammar / Finnische Grammatik / Suomen Kielioppi
- Brief, well-organized (if rather incomplete) introduction to Finnish grammar. Trilingual site (English/German/Finnish).
- A free mobile phone game designed to help you learn Finnish. It features basic vocabulary, colors and numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Finno-Ugrian Languages
- by Johanna Laakso. Is Finnish the most ancient language in the world? Where do Finnish words come from? A Finno-Ugric linguist answers these and other common questions.
- A weblog which posts new Finnish words that the author learns.
- Finnish language technology company, offers proofreading and other software for Finnish and other Nordic languages.
Phonetics of Finnish
- Information on Finnish words and their phonetic structure, from the Department of Phonetics, University of Helsinki. Bilingual page (English and Finnish).
The Finnish Language
- Short introduction to the Finnish language, with a well-organized page devoted to the use of cases in Finnish. Links to Finnish resources on the Internet. [By Jukka Korpela]
The Research Institute for the Languages of Finland
- Studies and provides advice on the usage of Finnish, Swedish, the Finno-Ugric languages, Finnish Sign Language, and Romany, the language of the Gypsies in Finland. [Finnish, English, Swedish and others]
Verbix - Verb Conjugator
- On-line verb conjugation service for Finnish and 50+ other languages. Includes list of 10,000 most frequent Finnish words.
- A linguistic quarterly published by Kotikielen Seura (The Mother Tongue Society). Summaries in English.
Yahoo Groups : Finnish
- Discussion list for people studying Finnish language and culture in Finland or elsewhere.
Usenet sfnet.keskustelu.kieli -
Usenet soc.culture.nordic -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:05:07 AM EST -