become an editor
the entire directory
only in Uralic/Finnish
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Uralic: Finnish
Books and Instructional Materials
Regional: Europe: Finland: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Finno-Ugric: Finnic: Finnish
This category in other languages:
An Electronic Corpus of Ingrian Finnish
- On-line corpus of spoken Ingrian Finnish. Includes transcriptions and sound samples.
Employment of Foreigners Hampered by Language Barriers and Attitudes
- by Vellamo Vehkakoski. Helsingin Sanomat article describing language acquisition as an obstacle for foreigners seeking jobs in Finland.
Finnish Grammar / Finnische Grammatik / Suomen Kielioppi
- Brief, well-organized (if rather incomplete) introduction to Finnish grammar. Trilingual site (English/German/Finnish).
The Finnish Language
- Short introduction to the Finnish language, with a well-organized page devoted to the use of cases in Finnish. Links to Finnish resources on the Internet. [By Jukka Korpela]
- A free mobile phone game designed to help you learn Finnish. It features basic vocabulary, colors and numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Finno-Ugrian Languages
- by Johanna Laakso. Is Finnish the most ancient language in the world? Where do Finnish words come from? A Finno-Ugric linguist answers these and other common questions.
An Introduction to "Finglish"
- A survey of "Finglish", the form of English spoken by Finnish immigrants to the USA and heavily contaminated by their native tongue (by Jenni Tuominen).
- A weblog which posts new Finnish words that the author learns.
- Finnish language technology company, offers proofreading and other software for Finnish and other Nordic languages.
Phonetics of Finnish
- Information on Finnish words and their phonetic structure, from the Department of Phonetics, University of Helsinki. Bilingual page (English and Finnish).
The Research Institute for the Languages of Finland
- Studies and provides advice on the usage of Finnish, Swedish, the Finno-Ugric languages, Finnish Sign Language, and Romany, the language of the Gypsies in Finland. [Finnish, English, Swedish and others]
Verbix - Verb Conjugator
- On-line verb conjugation service for Finnish and 50+ other languages. Includes list of 10,000 most frequent Finnish words.
- A linguistic quarterly published by Kotikielen Seura (The Mother Tongue Society). Summaries in English.
Yahoo Groups : Finnish
- Discussion list for people studying Finnish language and culture in Finland or elsewhere.
Usenet sfnet.keskustelu.kieli -
Usenet soc.culture.nordic -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 4, 2008 at 22:23:08 UTC -