become an editor
the entire directory
only in Siouan/Lakota
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Siouan: Lakota
Lakota Pedogical Material
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Languages of the Americas
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: S: Sioux
Lakota Language Consortium
- A nonprofit organization working to revitalize the Lakota language. Site provides current Lakota language usage statistics as well as curriculum materials for elementary school age learners.
Lakota and Dakota Language Resources
- Most comprehensive list of Lakota language-related resources and materials.
Siouan Language Family Linguistic Listserv Archive
- The best academic resource for Siouan language related issues, including news related to Proto-languages, borrowings, and other descriptive topics.
- This site has the largest collection of Lakota language texts on the internet. Great work by a committed linguist.
Sketch of Lakhota
- Linguistic description of Lakhota, a Siouan Language by David S. Rood and Allan R. Taylor. Online version of article originally in the "Handbook of North American Indians, Vol.17 (Languages)", Smithsonian Institution, p.440-482, 1996.
Yahoo! Groups : lakhotaiyapi
- This discussion group is helpful for learning to read and write Lakota. The site has a good number of knowledgeable members who can assist with specific questions.
Usenet alt.languages.lakota -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, April 17, 2009 7:52:21 PM EDT -