become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sino-Tibetan/Taiwanese
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Sino-Tibetan: Chinese
This category in other languages:
Intermediate Taiwanese Grammar
- Common sentence patterns and grammar notes for intermediate Taiwanese.
Linguistic Nationalism: The Case of Southern Min
- Discusses the links between Taiwanese politics and the Taiwanese language. [PDF]
The Min Dialect of Chaozhou and Comparative Chinese Grammar
- A research project at Hong Kong University.
Modern Taiwanese Web of the Edutech Foundation
- Promotional site for Taiwanese Modern Spelling System, a romanized writing system created in 1943. Features lessons, literary texts, language notes, and partial dictionaries.
The Outlook for Taiwanese Language Preservation
- Paper examining the future of the Taiwanese language and its possible decline. [PDF]
Peh-oe-ji: Childish Writing?
- An examination of attitudes among native speakers towards romanized Taiwanese. [PDF]
- An English introduction to the Taiwanese language, with resources and news.
- English translations of Taiwanese proverbs, cartoons, jokes, and other materials, along with Taiwanese words and phrases that may not be in any Taiwanese-English dictionary.
Writing Taiwanese: The Development of Modern Written Taiwanese
- 1999 paper giving an overview of written systems for Taiwanese, followed by a closer examination which favours the Modern Literal Taiwanese (MLT) system. [PDF]
Xiamen Missionary Romanization System
- A concise description of the system (also known as Peh-oe-ji) and its relationship to the International Phonetic Alphabet.
Usenet soc.culture.taiwan -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 14, 2014 at 7:15:04 UTC -