become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sino-Tibetan/Chinese
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Sino-Tibetan: Chinese
World: Chinese Simplified
World: Chinese Traditional
This category in other languages:
- A bilingual Chinese-English annotation and translation system. Includes a simple and an advanced interface.
Centre for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language
- 22 lessons in simplified characters at elementary-intermediate level. Includes multimedia materials.
- Interactive counting and multiplication in Chinese [flash]
- Uses graphics files to display the characters.
- Provides the origin and translation of Chinese characters. Includes pictures with the ancient ways of writing the character.
- A community of people interested in learning about Chinese and Chinese culture. Forum topics include history, non-Mandarin Chinese, grammar and vocabulary.
Chinese Grammar Index
- Index of Chinese grammar rules. Includes lessons.
The Chinese Outpost
- Resources on pronunciation, grammar and characters with general information aimed at demystifying Chinese language.
- Tools to help learn and process Chinese online, including dictionaries, flashcards, and translators.
- Offers online one-on-one Chinese learning environment with audio, video and file sharing of learning materials. Entry level and custom lessons.
- Podcasts to learn Mandarin. Includes a list of popular words, and guides to grammar and pronunciation.
Conversational Chinese Online
- Conversational Chinese lessons, including grammatical information and downloadable sound files.
- Provides one-to-one live online Chinese lessons using Skype. Includes a self-assessment and free trial.
Get a Chinese Name
- Get your own Chinese name based on your English name. Provides a pronunciation guide and meaning of the name and your Chinese astrological sign.
How to Order Chinese Food
- Guide to ordering Chinese food in Chinese. Includes ordering guides for chicken, pork, beef and vegetarian dishes.
Learn Chinese Collection
- Annoted links to handpicked websites about learning Chinese, including lessons, dictionaries, and dialects.
Mandarin Essential Grammar
- Chinese grammar explained, including examples.
Marjorie Chan's ChinaLinks
- Annotated links to over six hundred China- and Chinese language and linguistics-related websites.
- Podcast to learn Mandarin. Weekly lessons.
- It provides English annotated Chinese news articles.
- Offers personalized study using Skype, to learn to communicate in Chinese.
One a Day
- Daily a new Chinese idiom. Includes characters, pinyin and English translation.
Perapera Popup Translator
- Chinese Popup Translator for Firefox. Works with both Simplified and Traditional characters.
- Pinyin and Zhuyin Bopomofo converter for Mandarin Chinese
- Provides pronunciation exercises for Chinese pinyin.
- A guide to the writing of Mandarin Chinese in Romanization. Includes Romanization tools.
- Offers a Chinese self-test.
Sino-Tibetan Etymological Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Fonts, bibliography, etymology and thesaurus lookup for Chinese and other Sino-Tibetan languages.
Usenet soc.culture.china -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2013 at 3:15:09 UTC -