become an editor
the entire directory
only in English_Based/Hobson-Jobson
Pidgins and Creoles
Regional: Asia: Bangladesh
Regional: Asia: India
Regional: Asia: Pakistan
Dick & Garlick: Notes on Indian English, Hinglish, Tamlish, Bonglish, Slang & More
- Blog about English as spoken in India and South Asia.
- Brief encyclopedia article on Hindi-English pidgin.
The Hobson Jobson Dictionary
- The complete Hobson-Jobson dictionary by Yule and Burnell, including extensive etymology and usage.
Hobson-Jobson: A glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases, and of Kindred Terms, Etymological, Historical, Geographical and Discursive
- A query-based version of the Hobson-Jobson Dictionary by Yule and Barnell, including extensive etymology and usage. Originally published in 1903.
- Encyclopedia article on Tamil-English pidgin.
A Hindi-English jumble, spoken by 350 million
- Why 'Hinglish' is becoming hip in India, and may soon claim more native speakers worldwide than English. (November 23, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:56:22 UTC -