become an editor
the entire directory
only in English_Based/Hawaiian_Pidgin
Pidgins and Creoles
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Pidgins and Creoles: English Based: Hawaiian Pidgin
Regional: North America: United States: Hawaii: Society and Culture
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Austronesian: Malayo-Polynesian: Eastern: Hawaiian
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Pacific Islanders: Polynesians: Hawaiians
Da Hawai`i Pidgin Bible
- Excerpts from a recent translation of the New Testament into Pidgin with a grammar and vocabulary lists.
Da Kine Hawai'ian Kalikimaka or Ke Ahiahi Mamua O Kalikimaka
- Sometimes more familiarly known as The Night Before Christmas.
- General description of Hawai`i Creole English including examples of vocabulary, grammar and phonology.
Language Samples from Pidgin Speakers
- Phrases in Pidgin and English from speakers who come from the Philippines or whose first language is Japanese.
Native Speaker's Perspective on Hawaiian Pidgin
- Native speaker's perspective on the origin and nature of Pidgin, including example phrases.
- Expressions in Hawaiian Pidgin and English.
Pidgin English Dictionary
- Searchable dictionary of Pidgin vocabulary.
Pidgin Words and Phrases
- Pidgin words and phrases with definitions and explanations of how to use them.
Pidgin and Education
- Position paper on Pidgin and education by "Da Pidgin Coup" at the University of Hawai`i.
Pidgin to da Max - Hawai`i Kine Talk
- Humorous guide to Pidgin written by locals for locals and curious visitors.
Professahs Say No Let Pidgin Boddah You in School
- Honolulu Star-Bulletin article on the role of Pidgin in education including a history of the formation of "Da Pidgin Coup".
The Hawaiian Language
- Common words and phrases in Hawaiian and Hawaiian Pidgin.
Usenet alt.languages.hawaiian -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:31:31 AM EDT -