become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural/Pidgins_and_Creoles
Pidgins and Creoles
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Pidgins and Creoles
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Dialectology
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Constructed: International Auxiliary
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Constructed: Play
This category in other languages:
Archives of CreoLIST
- Searchable archive of the most recent postings to the CreoLIST listserv.
CC: Pidgin Carriers
- Introductory article on the topic of pidgin and creole languages.
- A definition of the term creole.
Creole Romance Numerals
- Tables of the names of numerals in various Romance-Language-based creoles.
Creolization is a Social, Not a Structural, Process
- Paper by Salikoko S. Mufwene presented at the International Symposium on "Degrees of Restructuring in Creole Languages".
Ditransitive constructions : Creole Languages in a Cross-linguistic Perspective – Susanne Michaelis et Martin Haspelmath
- A comparison transitive verbs in creole and pidgin languages by Susanne Michaelis and Martin Haspelmath. [PDF]
Germanic Creole Numerals
- Tables of the names of numerals in various Germanic-Language-based creoles.
Linguist List 7.1721: Creolistics
- A discussion of whether Afrikaans and Yiddish are creole or creoloid.
- A definition of the term pidgin.
Pidgin and Creole Languages
- Notes for a course in pidgin and creole languages. Discusses theories of pidginization, creolization and language contact.
Pidgins, Creoles, and Constructed Languages
- Number words in a variety of pidgins, creoles, and constructed languages.
Psycholinguistics: Pidgin and Creole languages
- An introduction to pidgins and creoles.
Reference Guide for Pidgin and Creole Languages
- Bibliographic guide to contact language reference material available at Stanford University.
Review of John Holm on Pidgins and Creoles
- A brief review of John Holm's "An Introduction to Pidgins and Creoles".
Selected Publications and Papers on Creole Languages
- Publication list of noted sociolinguist Don Winford. Includes links to a few of his recent papers on Surinamese creoles.
- A brief description of Unserdeutch, a German-based pidgin spoken in what is now Rabaul, Papua New Guinea.
Why Do Creoles Have Serial Verb Constructions?
- A paper by Eric Schiller.
Pidgins and Creoles
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:54:04 AM EDT -