become an editor
the entire directory
only in Niger-Kordofanian/Swahili
This category in other languages:
Archives of Popular Swahili
- Electronic archive of texts in spoken and written Popular Swahili, a non-standard variety of the language, which is the vehicle of Central African popular culture. They are shown in the original accompanied with English translation.
The Kamusi Project
- International collaborative effort to establish new dictionaries and learning resources for the Swahili language (Kiswahili).
The Language Gulper: Swahili
- Main dialects, basic sounds, writing system, grammar, syntax and basic vocabulary of the most important lingua franca of the East African coast.
- Basic Swahili vocabulary organized by subject, including animals, foods, body parts, numbers, proverbs, greetings
Noun Classification in Swahili
- A scholarly paper on the Swahili language by Ellen Contini-Morava
- Spell-checker and hyphenator for Swahili developed by Arvi Hurskainen, University of Helsinki
Say Hello in Swahili
- Simple conversational lesson from the Internet Public Library. Links to language and culture resources.
- A description of Swahili with information on noun classes and grammar.
- Introduction to Swahili, by University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), including history, dialects, grammatical features, status, and references.
Swahili Thematic Vocabulary
- Swahili basic vocabulary including kinship terms, parts of the house, body parts, health, sport, animals, food, pronouns, etc.
Useful Swahili Words
- Words and everyday phrases with sound files as well as proverbs appearing in a kind of dress (Kanga).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 2, 2015 at 15:06:27 UTC -