become an editor
the entire directory
only in Japanese/Learning
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Japanese: Learning
This category in other languages:
Charles Kelly's Web-based Japanese Language Study Materials
- Free online quizzes, flashcards and word lists. Covers romaji, hiragana, katakana, kanji, Japanese newspaper words, and reading signs.
Communicating With the Japanese
- Offers examples of how English influenced contemporary Japanese.
CosCom Japanese Language School
- Offers introductory study materials including audio files and grammar lessons. Also has books, e-books, and picture cards for sale.
Elementary Japanese Language Course - Nihongo Shoho
- Full course (34 lessons) based on the book Nihongo Shoho, with mp3 files, vocabulary trainer, word and kanji index, and other resources. Some free lessons, most content requires purchase.
Erin's Challenge! I can speak Japanese.
- A website by The Japan Foundation for Japanese learners with educational videos and interactive exercises.
infocobuild | Learning Japanese
- A collection of online resources designed to help people learn Japanese.
Japan Culture Study Group
- Several Japanese lessons and explanations made by Japanese instructors.
Japanese for the Western Brain
- A series of articles outlining the basic parts of Japanese speech from an English-speaker's perspective.
Japanese language forum
- A forum about Japan, Japanese language, culture, music, technology and more.
- Online Japanese textbook, SRS kanji and vocabulary review tools, and fun educational games.
The Japanese Page
- Learn interesting Japanese while having fun. Grammar, kanji, culture and a little bit of everything Japanese for free.
Japanese Verb Conjugator
- Provides a conjugation table for the dictionary form of Japanese verbs. Includes a list of basic verbs.
- Free Japanese language lessons and translated math story problems from Japan's jr. high math placement tests.
- Daily podcasts that teach Japanese from beginning to advanced levels. Requires registration. Only some content is available free.
- Free online resources, advice, and links to recommended books and other study aids. Also features a Japanophiles email list.
- Kana online learning tool.
- A column appearing every third Friday in The Japan Times aiming at providing practical advice to non-Japanese adults striving to become literate in Japanese by learning the 1,945 general-use kanji. It is written by Mary Sisk Noguchi, associate professor at Meijo University in Nagoya, Japan.
The Kanji Site
- A step-by-step guide to hundreds of kanji, with random testing and a search function. Intended for JLPT study. Works on machines without Japanese support.
- Online flashcard program and dictionary of 2135 kanji.
- Integrated learning solution for a learner of Japanese. Learn, review, and practice Japanese in one easy to use package, online or on the go.
Learn Japanese Online
- Introduces basic Japanese with flash quizzes that test kana and vocabulary.
Learn The Kana
- Teaches the Japanese hiragana and katakana alphabets through the use of mnemonics. Contains information on character pronunciation, stroke order and writing techniques.
- Java applet offering listening comprehension exercises at various levels of proficiency.
- Introduces a new kanji on each weekday, with readings, meanings and examples. On weekends the week's kanji are reviewed. The site can be viewed on any computer, no Japanese fonts are required.
NHK Japanese Lessons for English Speakers
- Japan's publicly-funded broadcasting corporation offers free audio lessons.
Nihongo o Narau - Learn Japanese
- Covers basic grammar and vocabulary.
Nihongo Pera Pera (Fluent Japanese)
- An introduction to computer software and study techniques for becoming fluent in Japanese.
Pera Pera Penguin's 5-minute Japanese Class
- Offers short conversational Japanese lessons from a 15 year teacher of the language.
The Quick and Dirty Guide to Japanese
- Webpage version of the sci.lang.japan guide to basic Japanese grammar and syntax.
- A simple site for learning and practicing hiragana and katakana, the two Japanese syllabaries.
- Free site that allows you to read Japanese kanji on any webpage by passing your mouse cursor over the characters.
- Write Japanese and Chinese characters with a mouse or a tablet and get a score and suggestions on how to improve your handwriting.
- A free, open source Japanese dictionary and study assistant software.
- Offers beginning and intermediate online textbook with corresponding tests, as well as information on different dialects and a notice board for meeting conversation partners.
- Today's Kanji, daily and monthly columns for students of the Japanese language.
Japanese Podcasting Lessons
- Learn basic Japanese through video podcasts. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:54:58 AM EDT -