become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural/Japanese
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Altaic
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Japanese: Dialects
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Sign Languages: Japanese Sign Language
This category in other languages:
All the Japanese Slang You Can Stand
- Dictionary of slang terms, with an introductory page offering general advice and book recommendations to people interested in learning Japanese.
Classical Japanese Language and Literature
- This site teaches classical Japanese through poems and extracts from literary classics. Grammatical points are explained.
Japanese wa, mo, ga, wo, na, no
- Scholarly study of the syntax of the six most common post-nominal particles in Japanese, by Frederik Kortlandt. [PDF]
Kanji Names Project
- Descriptions of Japanese names in English with kanji image files, and information on kanji books.
Nihongo: Japanese Language
- Articles reflecting on miscellaneous aspects of the language, thorough resources for Japanese numbers and counters, and lengthy list of summaries of books for learning Japanese.
The Origins of Kanji in Japan
- The history of kanji and how it came to be used in Japanese writing.
Origins of the Japanese Language
- Presents a theory on the origin of the Japanese language, addressing issues of whether it is an isolate and its relationship to surrounding languages.
Osaka Shoin Women's College
- The Japanese Language Research Center.
Otake Japanese Calligraphy
- Pictures of kanji characters and their meanings in several categories. Also features a list of many common English names transliterated into kana characters.
Reading Tutor Homepage
- Designed to help JFL/JSL learners improve their reading skills in Japanese. Has bilingual dictionary; vocabulary and kanji level checkers.
The World Slang Database - Japanese
- A collaborative dictionary of Japanese slang and its origins. Definitions in English and Japanese.
Your Name In Japanese
- Translates any name phonetically into Japanese kanji.
- Learn to speak Japanese from these online lessons. [RSS]
Usenet fj.sci.lang -
Usenet sci.lang.japan -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2013 at 5:35:03 UTC -