become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural/Japanese
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Japanese
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Altaic
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Japanese: Dialects
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Sign Languages: Japanese Sign Language
This category in other languages:
All the Japanese Slang You Can Stand
- Dictionary of slang terms, with an introductory page offering general advice and book recommendations to people interested in learning Japanese.
Classical Japanese Language and Literature
- This site teaches classical Japanese through poems and extracts from literary classics. Grammatical points are explained.
Japanese wa, mo, ga, wo, na, no
- Scholarly study of the syntax of the six most common post-nominal particles in Japanese, by Frederik Kortlandt. [PDF]
Kanji Names Project
- Descriptions of Japanese names in English with kanji image files, and information on kanji books.
Nihongo: Japanese Language
- Articles reflecting on miscellaneous aspects of the language, thorough resources for Japanese numbers and counters, and lengthy list of summaries of books for learning Japanese.
Origins of the Japanese Language
- Presents a theory on the origin of the Japanese language, addressing issues of whether it is an isolate and its relationship to surrounding languages.
Osaka Shoin Women's College
- The Japanese Language Research Center.
Otake Japanese Calligraphy
- Pictures of kanji characters and their meanings in several categories. Also features a list of many common English names transliterated into kana characters.
Reading Tutor Homepage
- Designed to help JFL/JSL learners improve their reading skills in Japanese. Has bilingual dictionary; vocabulary and kanji level checkers.
The Origins of Kanji in Japan
- The history of kanji and how it came to be used in Japanese writing.
The World Slang Database - Japanese
- A collaborative dictionary of Japanese slang and its origins. Definitions in English and Japanese.
Your Name In Japanese
- Translates any name phonetically into Japanese kanji.
- Learn to speak Japanese from these online lessons. [RSS]
Usenet fj.sci.lang -
Usenet sci.lang.japan -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:33:08 AM EDT -