become an editor
the entire directory
only in Slavic/Russian
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Slavic: Russian
Regional: Europe: Russia
This category in other languages:
- Russian audio lessons, word of the week, dictations, grammar explanations and verb conjugations.
- A reference and information portal for the Russian language available fully in Russian. It provides a free Question & Answer service on Russian stylistic, a series of standard dictionaries, online textbooks and publications, news about the Russian language, educational games and a forum.
- Vocabulary and alphabet practice, quizzes, sound files.
Learn Russian Free.com
- Frequency lists for over 2,000 Russian words. Sorted by parts of speech and accompanied with quizzes. English translations available.
Livemocha's Russian Courses
- Free online Russian courses for beginner and intermediate language learners. Get help from native Russian speakers.
- Lessons on grammar, vocabulary, alphabet and pronunciation. For both beginning and advanced students of Russian. Includes verb conjugation tables, dictionary, culture articles, and Russian literature with side-by-side English translations.
NCLRC's Russian Webcasts
- A survey of authentic Russian news delivered twice monthly in simplified standard Russian. Accompanied by scripts, vocabulary support, and post-listening activities. Suitable for intermediate-level students.
Olesa's Russian Course
- A series of ten lessons for beginners with dialogs, vocabulary lists, pronunciation, grammar and facts about everyday life in Russia.
An On-line Russian Reference Grammar
- Sections organized by parts of speech. Includes Java exercises.
Online Russian Grammar at Cornell
- Grammar and vocabulary explanations from the second edition of Beginning Russian adapted by the author. It presents all the major grammatical categories of Russian.
- A very thorough reference grammar of the Russian language, by Edna Andrews. Part of the Reference Grammar Network of the Slavic and East European Language Resource Center.
Russian Alphabet Tutorial
- Introduces the Russian alphabet; includes some practice exercises and sound files. Does not require Russian fonts to be installed.
Russian for Everybody
- Educational and reference material for both students and teachers. Includes studies, educational and methodical manuals, prepared by the leading experts of the Russian Friendship University.
Russian For Everyone
- Grammar lessons and exercises for elementary learners of Russian. Includes audio files, summary tables and language games.
Russian for Free
- Online Russian lessons, texts, grammar tables, dialogues and videos.
Russian Language for Lovers
- Online Russian course, grammar lessons, vocabulary and translation tools. Specific focus on language used for dating, relationships and marriage.
Russian Lessons .Net
- Beginners' lessons on Russian grammar and vocabulary. Includes verb conjugations, dictionary, dual-language books and exercises.
Russian Morphological Analysis
- A database that analyzes/synthesizes forms and whole paradigms of Russian words. Entry by English translations also available. Best viewed with special fonts (downloadable onsite).
Russian National Corpus
- A searchable 150 million word collection of samples of written and spoken Russian from a wide range of texts in electronic form. The corpus represents modern Russian in all the variety of genres, styles, territorial and social variants of usage.
Russian National Corpus-based Dictionaries
- A collection of dictionaries prepared by the RAS Institute of the Russian language based on the Russian National Corpus. Includes the Grammatical dictionary of Russian neologisms, the New Russian frequency dictionary, the Combinatory dictionary of Russian intensifiers, the Verbal combinatory dictionary of Russian abstract nouns.
Russian Word of the Day
- Daily analysis of the Russian vocabulary in blog format. Authored by Don Livingston, a professor from Arizona State University.
- Video lessons, grammar, and quizzes for beginning and intermediate learners.
- Language learning blog by certified Russian language teacher Yulia Amlinskaya. Sections include grammar, vocabulary, interactive exercises, communication and culture.
- Russian language alphabet, grammar and vocabulary lists with sound samples.
- Thematic modules for language instruction that can be used in the classroom or for independent study. Free registration required.
Study Russian Online
- Topical lessons for beginners, word lists with exercises, articles on phonetics, tests and games.
Time to Speak in Russian!
- An online beginners class for the study of Russian as a foreign language, including two basic courses with supplemental language learning materials. Prepared by the Moscow State University's Center of International Education.
TITUS Font for Slavisch-Kyrillisch
- Download the TITUS font from here.
Transparent Language's Russian Blog
- Multiple bloggers write on language and culture in Russia. Topics cover Russian holidays, history, travel, current events and food. New Russian vocabulary is introduced and explained inside blog posts.
- Get help with Russian letters, basic grammar, and key phrases for travel to Russia.
Wikipedia - Russian Language
- A collaboratively edited article covering classification, geographic distribution, writing system, sounds, grammar, vocabulary and history of the language.
- Russian language podcasts with transcripts for intermediate and advanced learners. Covers slang, idioms and common expressions.
Russian Word of the Day
- Discover a new Russian word every day along with its English translation, example sentences, related words and pronunciation samples. [RSS]
Taste of Russian
- Audio podcasts for learning Russian as a foreign language. Topics include: sports, school, meeting people, apartment rental, hiking and holidays. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:15:08 AM EDT -