become an editor
the entire directory
only in English/Spelling_Reform
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Germanic: English: Spelling Reform
Problems in Traditional Spelling
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Constructed: Reformed and Modified English
Brasseur Universal Code
- Details on an alternative to the standard alphabet based on a system of symbolic logic characters.
- Proposal to unite English spoken word with the written with sample translations of various materials into this system.
A Reformed Orthography for the English Language
- A proposed spelling reform which facilitates the reading and writing of English, and reassigns Teutonic spelling conventions that are more appropriate than the current orthography.
- Educational tools to help students in their difficulties in "traditional" English writing. Bookshop, software, reviews, orders from Mantex.co.uk . Site also reproduces Mark Twain's short article "A plan for improving English language spelling".
Unifon--one sound per symbol--phonetic transcription
- The Unifon site contains several Phonemic transcription systems for English. A 40-phonogram ascii-bet changeable to a more pleasing extended alphabet with the installation of the Unifon font. A good, simple place to start a study of phonemic writing systems.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, May 21, 2012 8:41:29 PM EDT -