become an editor
the entire directory
only in English/Neologisms
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Germanic: English: Neologisms
Recreation: Humor: Wordplay
- Provides a definition, and examples created by Professor Mikhail Epstein.
The Meaning of Liff
- Alphabetical list of placenames and new meanings. Transcript of the book by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd.
- A long-running monthly competition for readers, by Bob Levey of "The Washington Post". Includes links to past results.
- An alphabetical and phonetic dictionary of made-up words.
Wiktionary: List of Protologisms
- A collection of newly invented, but not widely accepted words or phrases, arranged by topic.
Word Spy: Neologisms
- A personal collection of newly-coined words and phrases.
- Article by James Gleick in "The New York Times" explains how new words are added to the Oxford English Dictionary. (November 05, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:05:03 AM EDT -