become an editor
the entire directory
only in Celtic/Scottish_Gaelic
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland: Society and Culture: Language
This category in other languages:
- The Carmichael Watson collection in Edinburgh University Library, centred on the papers of the pioneering folklorist Alexander Carmichael (1832-1912) - catalogued, indexed, transcribed, translated, digitised.
Celtic Lyrics Corner
- Includes the lyrics for hundreds of Scottish Gaelic and Irish Gaelic songs, mostly from album covers. Includes a good port à beul section.
- Clì promotes the language and its main aim is to support learners. Has a searchable worldwide database of classes and many resource materials.
- Comann nam Pàrant provides information on Gaelic medium education and the opportunity to communicate with parents on the message board and is bilingual.
An Comunn Gàidhealach America
- (The Gaelic Society of America) Organization promoting and supporting Gaelic language, music and culture in North America. Information about events, activities, learning opportunities, and membership.
Comunn Gàidhlig Astràilia - The Scottish Gaelic Association of Australia
- A non-profit organisation which supports the language and culture of Scottish Gaels in Australia. Members include native speakers and learners. Welcomes contact from anyone with an interest in these subjects.
Comunn na Gàidhlig
- Bilingual site of the main Scottish Gaelic language development agency.
Deirdire and the Children of Uisne
- A classic Gaelic tale of love and betrayal, as published by Alexander Carmichael. (With facing English translation.)
English index to Gàidhlig air an Lìon
- English index to Gàidhlig air an Lìon, a Scottish Gaelic directory with more than 500 classified links
Euromosaic - Gaelic
- Sociolinguistic survey of the use of Gaelic in Scotland. Collection of links. Bilingual site (English and French).
Fòram na Gàidhlig
- Bulletin board with Gaelic discussion, news and help to learners. In Gaelic and English. Questions about the language from learners are welcomed.
Gaelic Society of Moscow
- The Gaelic Society of Moscow is the Scottish Gaelic not-for-profit organisation in Russia. It studies Gaelic Scotland, its language, its people and its culture.
Gàidhlig (Scottish Gaelic) Local Studies
- On the Linguae Celticae site by Kurt Duwe. These studies deal with local communities which were predominantly Gaelic-speaking at the end of the 19th century. Based mainly (but not exclusively) on local population census information the reports strive to examine the state of the language through the ages from 1881 until today.
Rampant Scotland: Gaelic and Scots Language
- Links to web pages related to Gaelic, with description. Also includes links to Scots language information. Part of the Rampant Scotland directory.
Scotland FAQ - Gaelic song and music
- The Gaelic song and music section of Craig Cockburn's Scotland guide. This section covers Gaelic song and music, including bands, musical styles, traditional music and singing information
Scotland FAQ - Scottish Gaelic information
- The Gaelic section of Craig Cockburn's Scotland guide. Information about Gaelic and learning Gaelic for newcomers to the language.
Slighe nan Gaidheal
- Seattle's Scottish Gaelic language and cultural society. Educational events, concerts, networking.
Sorley MacLean Online
- Home of "Urras Shomhairle", the Sorley MacLean Trust. A huge amount of information on the world famous 20th century Gaelic poet Sorley MacLean, his life, poetry, etc.
Tobar an Dualchais
- Thousands of archive sound recordings of Gaelic and Scots from the School of Scottish Studies, the BBC, and the Canna Collection
Western Isles Language Plan
- Officially adopted language plan by Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (the Western Isles council) [PDF]
- An introduction and overview, with many links
Usenet scot.scots -
Usenet soc.culture.scottish -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 23, 2015 at 17:27:21 UTC -